Queue to renew "retirement visa"

Just a quick question: Do we these days need to register online before for we head out to renew our one-year visa in Bangkok, or can we just turn up at the immigration office? If getting a queue number online is available, kindly give me the website URL. Thanks. 

Also, how long before visa expires can we renew? Is it 45 days?

Thanks.

23 hours ago, webcrawler00 said:

Do we these days need to register online before for we head out to renew our one-year visa in Bangkok, or can we just turn up at the immigration office?

Keep in mind it may be necessary to do this some days in advance. Earliest available slot currently is 23rd February. 

What is the best day for an appointment in mid-April?   I would like to renew my extension soon after April 15th when I am finished filing my taxes online.  I will require the transfer of my stamps to a new passport at the same time.  I generally go just after the lunch hour.  Any advice will be appreciated..

10 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

What is the best day for an appointment in mid-April?   I would like to renew my extension soon after April 15th when I am finished filing my taxes online.  I will require the transfer of my stamps to a new passport at the same time.  I generally go just after the lunch hour.  Any advice will be appreciated..

I can only tell you about the online appointment system for retirement extensions in Bangkok (CW).

You want to make an appointment for soon after April 15, so look to book online soon after March 15.

Slots open a month in advance. The daily number of appointments has been reduced with the system's resumption from the time it was shut down during some of the covid-19 peak time. I believe there are six appointments a day for retirement extensions.

My understanding is online appointments for marriage extensions may now be available at CW as well.

Edited by rwilem

22 minutes ago, rwilem said:

My understanding is online appointments for marriage extensions may now be available at CW as well.

Indeed they are.

Added off topic question:

Looking at list for appointments it seems not available to obtain Certificate of Residence.

Is that correct? 

Need one for TDL Renewal. 

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Added off topic question:

Looking at list for appointments it seems not available to obtain Certificate of Residence.

Is that correct? 

Need one for TDL Renewal. 

Indeed, that seems to be the case, not able to make an appointment for that. 

The last time I tended to immigration I managed a 'trifecta' of sorts; extension, re-entry permit and residence certificate. Had appointments for the first two, which went OK except for a 50-minute wait to get my passport returned after the extension interview. The re-entry permit took ten minutes tops after I had run off a copy of the fresh extension. 

The residence certificate took almost two hours from getting the initial number to finish. That was my first time to get one at CW. Lesson learned: If you are wanting to get one at extension time, grab a number at the front counter before or just after you're done with the extension interview.

Seems like more than just residence certificates are being handled at those B desks. Some folks were in front of the desks for long periods, and the backlog of numbers took a while to get through.

Edited by rwilem
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, rwilem said:

The residence certificate took almost two hours from getting the initial number to finish. That was my first time to get one at CW

Thanks for reply.

If possible can you list what you provided for residence certificate.

Last time I did one i provided some basic photocopies of pp ages along with TM47 receipt and rental contract. 

Think recall the contract handed back. 

I need to obtain one soon..ish

Edited by DrJack54

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If possible can you list what you provided for residence certificate.

Last time I did one i provided some basic photocopies of pp ages along with TM47 receipt and rental contract. 

Think recall the contract handed back. 

Along with the completed form I submitted the basic passport page copies and  TM-47 copy. The clerk didn't even look at my passport.  No rental contract asked for, and I didn't have one, anyway.

When my number was finally called I was at the desk for about two minutes. That's it. A quick check of the copies, confirm the address was good for the mailing of the certificate, pay 200 baht and whoosh, I was done.

That's why I was wondering what was going on with the long waits; most of the people were taking long amounts of time to get their business done. There must be other things being handled at the four B desks. There was one guy who was up there for almost an hour.

Edited by rwilem
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

So with an appointment any day is good?  I'll plan to reserve an April day soon after they open up in March.   Thanks.

With an appointment only the date and time of the appointment is good, if you want to get your extension done without much waiting time.

You make an appointment for a date and time. The six times available are 9, 10, 11 AM and 1, 2, 3 PM. You are advised to show up early on the appointed day and time to have your documents checked before you proceed.

Edited by rwilem