Sugar control and food labelling...

1FinickyOne

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I see plenty of overweight people exercising so that stat if true isn't that surprising, I'd be surprised if it's guys who run a lot and are very fit and lean

yes question is if that are runners who run, or self identified runner, who dress up, run 500meter make a selfi and go eating.
I would eat my running shoes if 3% of the real runner....who say run more than 30km per week which is really not much and less than 7min/km which is really not fast are prediabetic (unless the term prediabetic changed and it is now everyone)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BigStar said:

I pay more attn to science than anecdotes.

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You've probably spent hours trying to find something that backs your agenda up

A friend of mine who went from 450 lbs to 280 lbs - quite a tall fellow too - and probably been on every diet known to man since he was 15 - - put it this way - - we are chemistry sets and we are all different... he is a very smart and wonderful human being who has a hard earned career helping others... and the horrible part is the indignities he had to suffer from mean people because of his obesity. Mean people are just the worst creatures on earth... in my opinion. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, h90 said:

yes question is if that are runners who run, or self identified runner, who dress up, run 500meter make a selfi and go eating.
I would eat my running shoes if 3% of the real runner....who say run more than 30km per week which is really not much and less than 7min/km which is really not fast are prediabetic (unless the term prediabetic changed and it is now everyone)

Probably correct, it's like the people at the gym who spend most of the time walking around and sauna etc

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

A friend of mine who went from 450 lbs to 280 lbs - quite a tall fellow too - and probably been on every diet known to man since he was 15 - - put it this way - - we are chemistry sets and we are all different... he is a very smart and wonderful human being who has a hard earned career helping others... and the horrible part is the indignities he had to suffer from mean people because of his obesity. Mean people are just the worst creatures on earth... in my opinion. 

we are all very similar....not very different in the way our engine works. Eat like people ate 100 years ago and you are slim.....old films of festivals from USA/UK, etc show no fat people while on the same festival they are the majority now.
And I guess half the diets your friend tried did work....he just stopped them and continued his old lifestyle.

• Like 1