Visa Exemption extension question.

Hi all, 

I've searched around and not really found a definite answer so thought I would ask here.

I am coming from New Zealand in April and am aware that the 45 day exemption NZ passport holders get will revert back to 30 days on March31st  but regardless we are going to be in Thailand for 46 days anyway and I wondered if I can can get a 30 day extension in Thailand without having to leave the country. And more precisely can I do it at my local immigration office in Ubon Ratchathani. Or will I need to get a proper Tourist visa here first.  Cheers

14 minutes ago, cracktheskye said:

I wondered if I can can get a 30 day extension in Thailand without having to leave the country. And more precisely can I do it at my local immigration office in Ubon Ratchathani.

Yes and yes.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ba ba said:

46 days that only 1 day over most don't get stoped for that and 1 day over stay is 500bt 

The upgrade to 45 days hasn't been extended yet as far as I'm aware. As it stands, OP will only get 30 days initial entry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Salerno said:

The upgrade to 45 days hasn't been extended yet as far as I'm aware. As it stands, OP will only get 30 days initial entry.

Yes, I'm not too worried about paying the 1900 and doing the paperwork for the extension either for what could potentially be just 1 extra day, just want to make sure everything is done properly and above board as I plan to live here permanently soon. Cheers.

Edited by cracktheskye
  • Thumbs Up 2