Not Dual Pricing, But.

sqwakvfr

I was looking to stay at a hotel in CNX and found out this hotel offers a rather large discount to Thai Nationals.  This discount program if one pays through an app for Thai Nationals is 40%. Not judging but just pointing out that I will not be going back to this hotel.  I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and never had a problem.  

1 night: 12/Mar/2023 - 13/Mar/2023
  • Studio Suite - เราเที่ยวด้วยกัน (ชำระเงินผ่านAPP เป๋าตัง)1 adult

TOTALTHB 3,300

logo.png'เราเที่ยวด้วยกัน'
Thai national discount THB 1,320
BALANCE to be paidTHB 1,980
ผ่านแอปเป๋าตัง
including all taxes and service charge
Note:
You will receive a payment link at 'Pao Tung' application (แอปเป๋าตัง) after 'We Travel Together' system opens again on the first day.
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

This is the Government initiative that was introduced in 2020 to promote domestic tourism.

Nothing to do with the hotel, the government is providing the 40% discount on the price and you also get vouchers towards other expenses.

The booking must be made by a Thai national but others can be included, to date I have had 17 nights away under the scheme.

Booked multiple times at this hotel’s website during and after the pandemic and never saw this special program at checkout until today.  I am not complaining because TIT and there are always other options.  

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

You are complaining as you said you won't go back to this hotel. While the discount is given by a government policy to subsidize local tourism and the hotel has nothing to do with this policy.

Ok.  Great so not going to a business is now the new definition of complaining?  So if this policy has been available for three years and i have been a frequent guest at this hotel and this is the first time I have seen it posted on the hotel website at checkout?  Not arguing with you because then I would be complaining again. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, sqwakvfr said:

Ok.  Great so not going to a business is now the new definition of complaining?  So if this policy has been available for three years and i have been a frequent guest at this hotel and this is the first time I have seen it posted on the hotel website at checkout?  Not arguing with you because then I would be complaining again. 

This program has been going on the 3 years now. Most expats if married know about it and have taken advantage of it. You simply did not know and thats cool. But upon finding out why not enquire more and be happy? For the next 5 months or so you too can take advantage of this as long as you have a Thai make the booking. Most all restaurants not only in the hotels  offer this 40% discount. It really was the one good thing the present government has given to the people. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Booked multiple times at this hotel’s website during and after the pandemic and never saw this special program at checkout until today.  I am not complaining because TIT and there are always other options.  

What you see at a hotel's website is a bit irrelevant. It is up to individual hotels if they wish to participate. Hotels leave and join the scheme all the time.

There is different booking arrangements, some can only be booked via the WTT app, others via Agoda and some direct.

The most annoying are those that have decided to leave but not delisted.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, marin said:

Most all restaurants not only in the hotels  offer this 40% discount. It really was the one good thing the present government has given to the people. 

Quite but there is a distorted view on this forum on who was intended to benefit. It was never the plan to benefit "people" in general. The intention was to entice those with some money in the bank to spend it rather than keep it in the bank.

The knock of effect was that business in the tourism sector would benefit and some "people" would keep their jobs, in any business turnover is king.

Certainly worked with me, we have visited areas under the scheme I would never have thought about going.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

Certainly worked with me, we have visited areas under the scheme I would never have thought about going.

Exactly!  Each trip has been a delight. I finally discovered the joy of Issan towns dotted along the Mekong. I really cant believe I had never experienced that in all my time here. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

The policy has been around for a couple of years but not nonstop. It is valid for a couple of months a year. 

You are arguing in your reply.

Wow.  Thanks I just learned new definitions of Complaining and Arguing.  

4 hours ago, marin said:

Exactly!  Each trip has been a delight. I finally discovered the joy of Issan towns dotted along the Mekong. I really cant believe I had never experienced that in all my time here. 

Yes, very nice river, been to a few places along it's length.

The 2 biggest eyeopeners I had were Phu Thap Boek and Krabi. We drove up to the former and couldn't believe how much like Scotland it was, went late Sept and even the weather was the same, had to wear a coat going to the restaurant.

Krabi was our first WTT in Aug 2020, flew down and got the airfare discount. Living in a rural community we hadn't really seen the effect of the pandemic on foreign tourist areas.  Bit of an eyeopener to see the whole seaside area shut down. Even more surprising was the riverside area in Krabi town, absolutely heaving. A tale of 2 towns within a town. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Celsius said:

Looking forward to it with my Thai wife.

Since bookings can not be made in the same province we live in, my favorite is a Novotel Suite in Sri racha,

and you can stock up your supply of real Sriracha Sauce!

27 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The 2 biggest eyeopeners I had were Phu Thap Boek and Krabi.

Krabi for me as well. Flew down just about this time last year just as things were opening. We had been many times before with the kids but to beaches, specifically Raillay. But this time we did the town itself and the hot springs, water falls, and mangrove swamps. Again just an eye opener. Krabi town was really lovely with great food and walks along the river. Whole new world as we had been used to all tourists. Well there still were many but mostly just friendly Thai's enjoying the whole Travel Together experience. Really nice to hear others are really taking advantage of good cheap travel. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Get your gf to make the booking!

No gf, go to a bar and get one of the ladies there to book for you.

Last fall I spent 2 months in Loei.  No GF, not much in the way of bars.  So I was pretty much stuck at home with my wife at our house.  ????