Eva airways reliable? Good?

essex boys

Hi all, got to plan a trip from france to Thailand and return, Eva air are offering the lowest economy fare at the moment, just wanted to check on their reliability etc as I’ve never flown with them are they ok….they seem to get good reviews.

Not anywhere near as good as I was lead to believe - everything seemed old. The inflight service was terrible.

Pre-covid I used to fly B.A. the vast majority of times. 

As B.A. are not flying direct now - just code-sharing non-direct we decided to fly Eva in Nov'-Jan as I prefer direct. 
In my opinion B.A. is miles better other than EVA checked baggage allowance. Hold luggage much better on B.A., entertainment, food, drinks, basically everything & cheaper.

My wife in the last 6 months has flown return from LHR with Emirates, Eva, Qatar. She rated them Emirates, Qatar and Eva. ( Economy ).

If it was me, I'd still fly Eva as I just want to get there in the fastest time without the hassle of connections, I just now know what to expect. 

I'd say it's more down to the price/schedules

• Like 2

Eva air are good and always my first choice for traveling, they do a premium economy ticket, which is worth a look and generally around £1000 direct LHR - BKK, pre covid price.

BA are also the only airline to ever cancel my ticket upon arrival at the airport for departure.

Trips with BA and Thai airways have generally been quite a poor experience compared to that with Eva. Cathay Pacific are good but don't fly direct to BKK i don't believe or never used to.

I would rather fly Cathay Pacific London to Hong Kong and then connect back to BKK than fly direct from London with BA.