Ivermectin not effective in treating Covid-19, joint Mahidol-Oxford study shows

webfact

1 minute ago, DudleySquat said:

It's complete and utter nonsense. A surgical mask is designed so the surgeon doesn't accidentally spit or cough into the surgical theatre, infecting the patient with solids. It's not designed to stop viruses. 

Logically, this statement makes no sense. Try to explain it in a logical form.

McGill University explained it for you. Should I believe them or you?

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

McGill University explained it for you. Should I believe them or you?

Believe the box. 

You ignored my request for a logical statement about the mask protecting others and not you. That sentence was more than illogical. Try to state it another way because your original doesn't make sense and was completely nonsensical.

Edited by DudleySquat
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

It's a pity that you did not read the paper. 

What did it say:  "

Conclusion:

The safety of the use of ivermectin should be studied more exhaustively, especially as regards the possibility of hepatic disorders developing when the drug is used for COVID-19."

Okay, study it. But you came to a conclusion. You made your post look more legitimate that it was. 

You stretched it, that is for sure. 

There are plenty of other sources on the internet which indicate ivermectin can cause liver damage. I only cited one.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

There are plenty of other sources on the internet which indicate ivermectin can cause liver damage. I only cited one.

That may be true, but you quoted and used a source that only concluded that more study is needed.  Who deceived whom? 

On 2/24/2023 at 10:32 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Yet Ivermectin is used in humans for treatment of certain things, but not to treat Covid.

Ivermectin can be given off-label by any physician around the world. Any medicine can be used off-label.

On 2/24/2023 at 10:33 AM, ThailandRyan said:

So your an antivaxxer. You are aware that any medications and vaccines can cause people to have reactions to them right? 

Your ability to present illogic is monumentally over the top. Where did he say he was an anti-vaxxer, or is that your way of stifling discussion? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

Try again. Maybe you will need three tries.  I can't wait to see what you come up with next. 

OK, try this. No-one studies the side effects of pharmaceuticals for fun, they study them because a real risk is perceived.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

OK, try this. No-one studies the side effects of pharmaceuticals for fun, they study them because a real risk is perceived.

Really? This is how science is done?  Maybe on another planet, but not here on Earth. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Masks are designed to prevent infection by droplets arising from coughing and sneezing.

A bacterium is about 1000 - 2000 nm in diameter. COVID is 125 nm.

it is physically impossible to project a bacterium or virus more than a couple of centimetres. It has to be attached to a larger droplet for it to get through the 1-2 metres of personal space most people have, except possibly on public transport in Japan.

To illustrate this concept, let me ask: How far can you throw a cricket ball or baseball, and how far can you throw a pea?

Is that logical enough for you?

I can cough a bit of phlegm a much longer distance.  You are getting there.  Keep it up. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I really don't think so, I spoke to an epidemiologist and an internist about this and they both agreed that the history of flu and viruses transmission, is that subsequent mutations are almost always weaker and result in less fatalities, not more.

So this is not the zombie apocalypse after all. 

I think Darwin spoke about how evolution is survival of the fittest.

'Over the past 100 years, virologists have learned that virus evolution is more chaotic. Virus evolution is a game of chance, and less about grand design.

In some cases, viruses evolve to become more virulent'.

Debunking the idea viruses always evolve to become less virulent - ABC News (go.com)

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

Believe the box. 

You ignored my request for a logical statement about the mask protecting others and not you. That sentence was more than illogical. Try to state it another way because your original doesn't make sense and was completely nonsensical.

Even a child realizes that anything which traps droplets of fluid from a sneeze or cough will reduce the spread of the virus. Did your mother never tell you to put your hand over your mouth when you cough? It was good advice.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Even a child realizes that anything which traps droplets of fluid from a sneeze or cough will reduce the spread of the virus.

Dig in. Okay. That isn't what you originally stated. Are you modifying your original statement? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Why don't you tell me how you think science is done, I  am interested in what zenith of stupidity can be attained.

I think the government tells researchers what to study and the results they would like to receive, then the researchers make a report with the desired results.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Even a child realizes that anything which traps droplets of fluid from a sneeze or cough will reduce the spread of the virus.

Be honest, and stop shilling for the Pharmaceutical companies and government. A sneeze has more than just droplets. Most of that sneeze will escape the surgical mask. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

I can cough a bit of phlegm a much longer distance.  You are getting there.  Keep it up. 

I understand there's a Fourth of July tobacco spitting contest in Avery, North Carolina. How many times have you entered?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I think the government tells researchers what to study and the results they would like to receive, then the researchers make a report with the desired results.

If you go against the government narrative, then you are deplatformed. It's happened to me many times. 

I'm surprised it isn't happening to me now.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I understand there's a Fourth of July tobacco spitting contest in Avery, North Carolina. How many times have you entered?

A gentleman would not entertain your veiled ad hominem attack.  However, I will call you out as a racist due to your blatant racism in the form of vitriol and vituperative attacks on Southern Americans who are mostly black. Perhaps you don't like Black People.  That's your opinion, and you are welcome to share it.  Thank you for showing all of us who you are.

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not in my experience. The CSIRO in Australia is in hot water with both sides of the political spectrum, after explaining the cost of compact nuclear reactors is totally uncompetitive with renewables. No-one wanted to hear that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

A gentleman would not entertain your veiled ad hominem attack.  However, I will call you out as a racist due to your blatant racism in the form of vitriol and vituperative attacks on Southern Americans who are mostly black. Perhaps you don't like Black People.  That's your opinion, and you are welcome to share it.  Thank you for showing all of us who you are.

I've worked amicably with a variety of nationalities for nearly 50 years, have a Thai GF, and speak reasonable Thai. I don't care if you call me a racist, that's a product of your twisted mind.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I've worked amicably with a variety of nationalities for nearly 50 years, have a Thai GF, and speak reasonable Thai. I don't care if you call me a racist, that's a product of your twisted mind.

It's a product of what you wrote. Admit your situation, there will be more dignity in it. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1