Ivermectin not effective in treating Covid-19, joint Mahidol-Oxford study shows

webfact

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I did not. I hoped for the best, planned for the worst.

To me, the worst thing we do to our children is brainwash them into belief in an imaginary entity. It's part of the vast evil done in the name of religion.

Not to worry, Jesus forgives you.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

Are you seriously using YouTube as an authoritative source? I won't waste my time. I will pray for you. 

Christopher Hitchens does a good job of exposing all the inconsistencies of religion.

I can't help it if that is in conflict with your beliefs.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Christopher Hitchens does a good job of exposing all the inconsistencies of religion.

I can't help it if that is in conflict with your beliefs.

You are completely off-topic.

22 Thousand posts. That explains a lot.

5 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

The war of personal experiences continues.

I had the COVID vaccines, January of 2021 in Los Angeles, worked throughout the pandemic seeing patients after discharge from hospital.

During that period LA county was at times among the "hottest" areas in the world for new COVID infections.

I never got COVID.

I have had a total of 5 COVID vaccinations and boosters.

No side effects from the vaccinations or boosters, no COVID.

I always recommend a visit to the reddit "Hermann Cain awards".

Are you the exception that proves the rule? 

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, positivevibes said:

I see many falang still wearing face diapers and generally looking afraid. I feel sorry them, particularly if they still believe the boosters do any good.

I think they should be more concerned about their mental wellness after three years of lies.

Nothing but pure politically driven drivel. Totally refuted by science.

4 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

I take Ivermectin once a year, and so do my daughters.

Liver flukes and other parasites are silent killers, a once a year dose is perfectly safe and efficacious in killing any parasites you might have before they do real damage.

I also take Ivermectin when other members of my household contract covid, is it the reason I didn't catch it?  probably not it, but it doesn't do any harm and any possible slight elevation in protection is better than nothing.

Before you say it, yes I know about all the studies that say it's ineffective in prophylaxis & treatment of covid.

It is highly unlikely one will get liver flukes if they cook their food properly. Do you eat a lot of salads?

6 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Yes and my daughters probably eat the raw larb, I try to avoid it, but sushi occasionally.

I have the philosophy of only taking medications when I consider them absolutely necessary. I will accept mild arthritic pain rather than take a NSAID.

One of the most common causes of death in elderly people is kidney failure. IMO that is exacerbated by pharmaceuticals, which place an extra burden on the kidneys.

When I look at the variety of pills my GF brings home from a clinic visit, it is scary.

In some cases, ivermectin can have serious side effects on the liver. A test for liver function at Mengrai labs costs 60 baht.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9876768/

1 hour ago, positivevibes said:

I see many falang still wearing face diapers and generally looking afraid. I feel sorry them, particularly if they still believe the boosters do any good.

[ . . . ]

Personally, in an environment where covering one's mouth while coughing, sneezing, belching etc is not part of the etiquette I think wearing a breath-protecting mask is always A Good Idea.

• Thanks 1

There were a number of drugs that were quite effective against the earlier strains, especially Delta, that the Big Pharma mafia, the CDC and the FDA did not want us to know anything about, because they were all generic.

I am not sure which drugs may be effective against the current strains, I've not heard any information about that. There are likely to be some that do work however Big Pharma would prefer that you just stick with the vaccines. I have not found the vaccines to be effective, virtually everyone I know that has used the vaccines has gotten covid. Would it have been worse without the vaccines, who on earth knows? 

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

There were a number of drugs that were quite effective against the earlier strains, especially Delta, that the Big Pharma mafia, the CDC and the FDA did not want us to know anything about, because they were all generic.

I am not sure which drugs may be effective against the current strains, I've not heard any information about that. There are likely to be some that do work however Big Pharma would prefer that you just stick with the vaccines. I have not found the vaccines to be effective, virtually everyone I know that has used the vaccines has gotten covid. Would it have been worse without the vaccines, who on earth knows? 

On an anecdotal basis, yes it would. Myself and my GF are living evidence of the difference vaccination makes.

The Sinovac vaccine was only 50% effective in preventing COVID infection. I only had a mild case of Delta after shots of Sinovac and AZ. My unvaccinated GF was seriously ill.

People confused prevention of infection with prevention of serious illness. The statistics say an unvaccinated person is 6-7 times more likely to need ICU admission.

Of course, the failure of COVID vaccines to prevent infection was meat and drink to the anti-vaxxer brigade. I do wonder how many of them navigated polio, tetanus, typhoid etc etc while sticking to their beliefs.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

On an anecdotal basis, yes it would. Myself and my GF are living evidence of the difference vaccination makes.

The Sinovac vaccine was only 50% effective in preventing COVID infection. I only had a mild case of Delta after shots of Sinovac and AZ. My unvaccinated GF was seriously ill.

People confused prevention of infection with prevention of serious illness. The statistics say an unvaccinated person is 6-7 times more likely to need ICU admission.

Of course, the failure of COVID vaccines to prevent infection was meat and drink to the anti-vaxxer brigade. I do wonder how many of them navigated polio, tetanus, typhoid etc etc while sticking to their beliefs.

I would not consider myself anti-vax, and I'm certainly not a conspiracy theorist. I did get two vaccines plus a booster, but I got that mostly so I could travel, and I will not be getting any additional vaccines for covid. I don't think I need them, I allow my immune system to do the work at this point, but I have absolutely no issues with anyone getting anything they need to stay healthy. 

On 2/24/2023 at 12:26 PM, connda said:

What other people chose to believe is up to them.  I just remember all of the quotes from various government officials and Big Pharma experts that "if you get the shots you won't get Covid."

The only person in a position of authority I know of, that said if you got vaccinated you wouldn't get Covid was Joe Biden, who said it in a "town hall" meeting.

It was an unscripted remark that he did not repeat - and in fact corrected in subsequent official announcements.

Here's one such announcement from him with corrected information, from just two months after his incorrect town hall remarks.

Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-⁠19 Pandemic

So would you care to give examples of the other "various government officials and Big Pharma experts" who said this?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I would not consider myself anti-vax, and I'm certainly not a conspiracy theorist. I did get two vaccines plus a booster, but I got that mostly so I could travel, and I will not be getting any additional vaccines for covid. I don't think I need them, I allow my immune system to do the work at this point, but I have absolutely no issues with anyone getting anything they need to stay healthy. 

I had my last (bivalent) Pfizer in February. Number 4.

IMO it is going to be like an annual flu shot, with more emphasis on the elderly.

You may be right, because the variants after Delta seem to have declined in both mortality risk, and long term effects. Most infected people's immune systems seem to be coping OK with any repeat infections.

That's not to say a nasty mutation is not waiting around the corner.

Edited by Lacessit

44 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I had my last (bivalent) Pfizer in February. Number 4.

IMO it is going to be like an annual flu shot, with more emphasis on the elderly.

You may be right, because the variants after Delta seem to have declined in both mortality risk, and long term effects. Most infected people's immune systems seem to be coping OK with any repeat infections.

That's not to say a nasty mutation is not waiting around the corner.

I really don't think so, I spoke to an epidemiologist and an internist about this and they both agreed that the history of flu and viruses transmission, is that subsequent mutations are almost always weaker and result in less fatalities, not more.

So this is not the zombie apocalypse after all. 

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I really don't think so, I spoke to an epidemiologist and an internist about this and they both agreed that the history of flu and viruses transmission, is that subsequent mutations are almost always weaker and result in less fatalities, not more.

So this is not the zombie apocalypse after all. 

Given Covid MAY have come from a laboratory ( no one knows for sure ) there's no guarantee those experts are right. One can't control human curiosity, and Murphy's Law seems to have the same force as the laws of thermodynamics.

Admittedly the probability is very low.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, ozimoron said:

My agenda is calling out lies about masks and covid vaccines.

Tell us about the efficacy of surgical masks. The box they come from has a warning saying that the masks do nothing to prevent the spread of viruses. 

Call that out. It's a fact. 

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I have the philosophy of only taking medications when I consider them absolutely necessary. I will accept mild arthritic pain rather than take a NSAID.

One of the most common causes of death in elderly people is kidney failure. IMO that is exacerbated by pharmaceuticals, which place an extra burden on the kidneys.

When I look at the variety of pills my GF brings home from a clinic visit, it is scary.

In some cases, ivermectin can have serious side effects on the liver. A test for liver function at Mengrai labs costs 60 baht.

I won't take NSAID's at all, they are far too dangerous.

I take full tests every 6 months and don't take anything for headaches.

I did take an 80mg Aspirin daily from age 25 to 65 on my Father-In-Law's advice, he was a doctor and said whilst we are not allowed to recommend it, I take it and if I would if I were you.

9 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

Tell us about the efficacy of surgical masks. The box they come from has a warning saying that the masks do nothing to prevent the spread of viruses. 

Call that out. It's a fact.

Misrepresented. Surgical masks won't prevent the wearer from being infected. It does not say you it won't protect an infected wearer from infecting others.

A Surgical Mask Won't Protect You From Coronavirus

The masks are designed to prevent you from infecting someone else with your germs, not to prevent someone else’s germs from infecting you.

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/health/surgical-mask-wont-protect-you-coronavirus

Edited by ozimoron

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's a pity that you did not read the paper. 

What did it say:  "

Conclusion:

The safety of the use of ivermectin should be studied more exhaustively, especially as regards the possibility of hepatic disorders developing when the drug is used for COVID-19."

Okay, study it. But you came to a conclusion. You made your post look more legitimate that it was. 

You stretched it, that is for sure. 

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The masks are designed to prevent you from infecting someone else with your germs, not to prevent someone else’s germs from infecting you.

It's complete and utter nonsense. A surgical mask is designed so the surgeon doesn't accidentally spit or cough into the surgical theatre, infecting the patient with solids. It's not designed to stop viruses. 

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Logically, this statement makes no sense. Try to explain it in a logical form.

• Haha 1