Pattaya Named as Top Choice for Thai Family Vacations by Agoda Survey

snoop1130

4 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Thai's have better taste than Pattaya and the rest of the country has far more to offer in terms of stunning natural attractions.

Not according to the Agoda survey..... 

I think it is more about those heading into Pattaya being cheap and using Agoda to get a bargain.... true in my case!

• Haha 1

The US Army also chooses the family-friendly resort for their soldiers to relax and they keep coming back as often as possible. Around 6,000 soldiers will soon be enjoying the family-friendly atmosphere here ????.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/02/15/6000-us-soldiers-largest-number-in-a-decade-to-attend-cobra-gold-2023-in-eastern-thailand-starting-from-the-end-of-february/

Edited by Mickeymaus
  • Haha 1

On 2/24/2023 at 5:54 PM, mikebike said:

Let me rewrite the headline:

Agoda Discovers That Pattaya Is the Closest Major Beach Destination to Thailand's Densest Population Centre

Isn't Bang Saen closer? And it's traditionally been a favored destination. Fact is, Pattaya has many more attractions and lots more going on. The rewrite just gives a false impression to fit a biased narrative.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Well, last night there were about 50,000 people at least at the Pattaya Music Festival, overwhelmingly Thais and mostly teenagers. I'd say that qualified as family entertainment.

50,000?! Where did they hide? I walked at about 9 pm the whole Beach Road down from the Dolphin Roundabout to the Central Mall. I was surprised how few people were there. But perhaps they came afterwards. Families? I saw many Thai Teenagers but no families. And then this is only on some days in March. The many other days are all dominated by sex businesses as usual.

15 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

50,000?! Where did they hide? I walked at about 9 pm the whole Beach Road down from the Dolphin Roundabout to the Central Mall. I was surprised how few people were there. But perhaps they came afterwards. Families? I saw many Thai Teenagers but no families. And then this is only on some days in March. The many other days are all dominated by sex businesses as usual.

Probably stuck in traffic mate!

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2023 at 8:18 AM, ozimoron said:

Well, last night there were about 50,000 people at least at the Pattaya Music Festival, overwhelmingly Thais and mostly teenagers. I'd say that qualified as family entertainment.

My lady and a few of her pals from Bangkok drove to pattaya for this. From looking at photos on WhatsApp you are correct young people mostly thais. She enjoyed the evening.

• Like 1