Pattaya Named as Top Choice for Thai Family Vacations by Agoda Survey

snoop1130

"These rankings are based on data from Thai travelers’ accommodation searches during the early part of last year, according to Agoda." 

There were still very strict Covid regulations at this time. I doubt that many families looked for holidays in Thailand at this time. Below a link describing Covid Testing at Tree Town. A friend of mine was forced to stay in a quarantine hotel here in Pattaya. He is still upset because his insurance didn't pay for this.

"Mr. Yuttana Santiprakun, 28, a security guard at the market, told TPN media, “There have been many confirmed cases of Covid-19 at the market, although almost all have been mild or asymptomatic. Therefore, a major cleaning was held today." >>>

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/19/big-cleaning-held-at-tree-town-market-in-pattaya-active-covid-19-case-finding-continues/

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The famous online travel agency that specializes in providing booking services for hotels, resorts, apartments, and other types of accommodations around the world, Agoda, says that Pattaya is the number one holiday destination for Thai “families,” followed by Hua Hin /Cha-am in second place and Phuket in third place.

Probably more to do with geography than choices.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cricky said:

Too many angry elderly foreigners in Pattaya for me.

If it wasn't for the foreigners, it would be the top choice.

Thats very true, and not so, and we do to. If no russians, no Indians, and no Arabs, It would been a perfect destination. Said as an example of statements we read daily on AN.

The trend is, more thais discovered typical tourist destinations for foreigners during covid, and they want let go of them so easily now. Many Thais saw the potential and have invested in these places now, and My guess Pattaya will change to more family destination than being a sexpat or sex tourist place in the future. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Rubbish. I was there yesterday and I can conform the paths and walkways are just as family unfriendly as they have been for decades 

This is no problem here at this family oriented family friendly family resort for the whole family.

Just buy a family-friendly off-road stroller when planning your family vacation in this family-friendly...

16772854863990.jpg

Edited by Mickeymaus
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

"These rankings are based on data from Thai travelers’ accommodation searches during the early part of last year, according to Agoda." 

There were still very strict Covid regulations at this time. I doubt that many families looked for holidays in Thailand at this time. Below a link describing Covid Testing at Tree Town. A friend of mine was forced to stay in a quarantine hotel here in Pattaya. He is still upset because his insurance didn't pay for this.

"Mr. Yuttana Santiprakun, 28, a security guard at the market, told TPN media, “There have been many confirmed cases of Covid-19 at the market, although almost all have been mild or asymptomatic. Therefore, a major cleaning was held today." >>>

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/19/big-cleaning-held-at-tree-town-market-in-pattaya-active-covid-19-case-finding-continues/

I rolled laughing anytime I saw someone go to accuse turn themselves in for a 100,900 hospitel lock up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

I have been hearing this since I visited Pattaya for the first time in the 90's.

Still it remains a large brothel that can indeed be a family destination as long as your family isn't prudish and don't mind the ever present sex trade 

Time will show and I guess the time is now, when less westerns arriving the beaches, and less new girls coming for the bars. From what I can tell, the bar scene is full of older experienced ladies who can not adopt to new times. Social media have exploded with young sexy girls posing, and getting their attention there.

Edited by Hummin
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mikebike said:

Let me rewrite the headline:

Agoda Discovers That Pattaya Is the Closest Major Beach Destination to Thailand's Densest Population Centre

Bangseang draws a healthy crowd from BKK on the weekends.

Agoda should publish the survey results on actual bookings not what people searched for !!

• Like 1