Dahlia flowers

As the original [and numerous] varieties are more comfortable in torrid zone environments - where they're native.

We have a few types ourselves. 

Make for great flowering border gardens......as they flower up and bush out quite marvelously. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

These look fantastic , where did you get your tubers?

We are in Khon Kaen

PS: I thought Dahlias are grown from seed but I know little about them other than that they look great and my Dad used to grow them in the US, so I would love to give them a try. 

Edited by sirineou

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2023 at 7:58 PM, sirineou said:

These look fantastic , where did you get your tubers?

We are in Khon Kaen

PS: I thought Dahlias are grown from seed but I know little about them other than that they look great and my Dad used to grow them in the US, so I would love to give them a try. 

Hello Sirineou

We bought them (tubers) in Chiangrai  then more from Lazada and there are many to choose from on there. Do some research on Youtube, but they are easy to grow.

You will have to lift the tubers and store them in a cool dry place during the wet season. Sorry for the late reply as I was away and this site was down.

We have just planted some and they are sprouting already.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dancer57 said:

Hello Sirineou

We bought them (tubers) in Chiangrai  then more from Lazada and there are many to choose from on there. Do some research on Youtube, but they are easy to grow.

You will have to lift the tubers and store them in a cool dry place during the wet season. Sorry for the late reply as I was away and this site was down.

We have just planted some and they are sprouting already.

Thank you for that reply. And appreciate the suggestion to take them out during the wet season, I actually did not know that but it does make sense. I will look on Lazada. but if you see any that you think would be nice, please send me a link.

On 2/25/2023 at 12:01 AM, Dancer57 said:

We planted tubers in January in the Sattahip area which we had brought from Chiang Rai, and these are the results.

I currently live close to Sattahip and would like to give these a try too... they look great!

Do you grow them in full sun or in part shade?

Are you planting them in pots or do you grow them direct in the ground?

45 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Thank you for that reply. And appreciate the suggestion to take them out during the wet season, I actually did not know that but it does make sense. I will look on Lazada. but if you see any that you think would be nice, please send me a link.

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/jpplantgardens/?spm=a2o4m.pdp_revamp.seller.1.573c64b9BIvPcE&itemId=4703850033&channelSource=pdp

If you go to that link you will find the shop we have used, browse for what you like and note that if you get good tubers you can divide them and get many more plants in the future.

Good luck, let us know how you get on!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Encid said:

Do you grow them in full sun or in part shade?

Are you planting them in pots or do you grow them direct in the ground?

Ours get full sun in the morning then part/shade in the afternoon Encid.

A lot of internet information suggests they like full sun, but full sun in Scotland (where I used to grow) compared to here is a lot different!:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

15 minutes ago, Dancer57 said:

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/jpplantgardens/?spm=a2o4m.pdp_revamp.seller.1.573c64b9BIvPcE&itemId=4703850033&channelSource=pdp

If you go to that link you will find the shop we have used, browse for what you like and note that if you get good tubers you can divide them and get many more plants in the future.

Good luck, let us know how you get on!

๋ีJust ordered a few, and if they look ok we will order more. I was getting ready to ask in you divide them and noticed you beat me to the punch:smile: 

Once I get them do you divide then to individual tubers?

I will also check on YouTube as you advised. 

Thank you again. My father use to grow them in the US , and they were beautiful.