Extend visa exempt at Laksi without an appointment?

Immigration at Laksi is efficient and fast. No appointment needed.  TM7 (Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom), STM2 (Acknowlegement of Terms and Conditions for Permit of Temporary Stay) and "Ackowledgement of Penalties for a Visa Overstay" Forms are available on location. All you need is a "recent" picture, a photocopy of your passport main page and one of the page with your entry stamp. Last time I went to Laksi, I was in and out in 25 minutes...

16 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

zombie horde

No zombie horde this afternoon. I think they all get there early in the morning "to avoid the queues" and then think to themselves "if it's this bad at 9 am, think what it'll be like at 3 pm!" In fact there are very few people there at 3 pm and it was only up to queue number 165. There are a lot of panic-stricken people on Google maps mentioning the maximum queue number of 300 but I can't see it being an issue except perhaps around long public holidays.

2 hours ago, Krungbin said:

Immigration at Laksi is efficient and fast. No appointment needed.  TM7 (Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom), STM2 (Acknowlegement of Terms and Conditions for Permit of Temporary Stay) and "Ackowledgement of Penalties for a Visa Overstay" Forms are available on location. All you need is a "recent" picture, a photocopy of your passport main page and one of the page with your entry stamp. Last time I went to Laksi, I was in and out in 25 minutes...

Totally agree with this. It was my most efficient extension. Good transport link to the red line (contrary to suggestions on Google maps, it was easy to find. If you're in Laksi station, go to the walkway that connects to the second floor of IT square.)

33 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Today everyone was required to have a printout of it, even if it had been done online.

One guy got told to ask his hotel for the printout and come back tomorrow. A woman who claimed to be staying with a friend was told to get the landlord to do the TM30 and turned away.

It is good that I had a look at this thread. I had no idea that TM 30 form is now being asked for 30 day extension. When I went there about 2.5 months ago, it wasn't asked. The usual 3 forms were necessary.

Anyway, I got it printed. I want to ask something. I thought of filling it in myself so that it won't cause any inconvenience to my landlady. And then only asking her to sign it. But, they might not like it at the Immigration if it is my handwriting, right? So, the landlady should fill it in, I guess? By the way, should she fill it in in Thai or in English? Or, does it not matter? 

Thanks. 

Edited by JemJem

21 minutes ago, JemJem said:

It is good that I had a look at this thread. I had no idea that TM 30 form is now being asked for 30 day extension. When I went there about 2.5 months ago, it wasn't asked. The usual 3 forms were necessary.

Anyway, I got it printed. I want to ask something. I thought of filling it in myself so that it won't cause any inconvenience to my landlady. And then only asking her to sign it. But, they might not like it at the Immigration if it is my handwriting, right? So, the landlady should fill it in, I guess? By the way, should she fill it in in Thai or in English? Or, does it not matter? 

But, anyway, this is weird. I thought that form was for long term stayers. 

Ask your landlady to do it online (the fact that the immigration officers didn't mention it suggests she did that last time) and then send you a screenshot. It's something that can be done in 5 minutes with the official app. I think that would turn out to be less hassle for both of you than trying to do it yourself. Just remember she has to do a new one each time you re-enter Thailand.

Edited by edwardandtubs

Gosh, it was a busy day today at Laksi. I DID get my 30 day extension in the end, but I spent like 2 hours there. I totally forgot about the fact that Monday, March 6, is a holiday. And, so, it was busier than an ordinary Friday, which is normally the busiest day there, along with Monday. So, I have only myself to blame.

I was there at 1.30 today. By the time I left, it was around 3.30.

They didn't ask for TM30 by the way. I mean, not from me anyway. I have no idea if they asked it from anyone else today. I had my mine ready just in case. 

I am guessing that maybe they ask it from people who last entered Thailand via land. However, it is just my guess. 

Anyway, it was tiring. I think today was the longest time I spent for visa extension. But, as I said, Monday being a holiday didnt help. I should have known about that holiday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

2 hours. 

And that's somehow ridiculous? 

Guessing that you did not make appointment? 

As I wrote, the fact that it was a Friday and that the coming Monday is a holiday caused this high no of people. So, yes, I should have made an appointment. I didn't because I thought I would be there for 1 hour maximum. I guessed wrong ????

Previous time, I was in and out of there within half an hour. 

So, folks, I think it is best to make an appointment before going there. Especially if you plan to go there on a Monday or on a Friday. 

22 hours ago, JemJem said:

As I wrote, the fact that it was a Friday and that the coming Monday is a holiday caused this high no of people. So, yes, I should have made an appointment. I didn't because I thought I would be there for 1 hour maximum. I guessed wrong ????

Previous time, I was in and out of there within half an hour. 

So, folks, I think it is best to make an appointment before going there. Especially if you plan to go there on a Monday or on a Friday. 

That’s interesting, I consider myself an expert having been on retirement for 17 years but I have always found it a hassle, probably because I expected it to be. At times I have gone late am and sat through the lunch break effectively written-off the day.

I need the extension followed by the re-entry. I booked renewal at 1400 last Friday but didn’t book the extension. I got in early at 1330 and was in a traffic jam by 1515 so I guess that isn’t bad. 
What does this plan sound like for next year. 
Mid week booking 1300 for ext. 1415 for re-entry. Arrive 15 mins before for bank letter. The advertised, (guaranteed times?)for each process are 1 hour and 40 minutes.  
I hope that the world doesn’t close down again so that I can try this out.