Criminologists doubt teenage mother’s claim that she put her baby in a canal

snoop1130

D72D757E-E131-4549-9380-83925923AEE6.jpeg

Two Thai criminologists say they doubt the claim by the teenage mother of the missing 8-month-old boy, who claims to have disposed of her child in a canal near home in Nakhon Pathom province.

Dr. Trynh Phoraksa, a lecturer in criminology at the Faculty of Sociology and Anthropology at Mahidol University, told Thai PBS that he doubts Nim’s claim because of her background of domestic violence and bullying since childhood, which is the environment that could force her to become a habitual liar for her own survival, to avoid being bullied or assaulted.

From her interview with the Mirror Foundation, he explained that the surroundings in which Nim has been living since childhood, the poverty and the fact that she was often bullied at school, her loneliness and without anyone to depend on or trust were the main factors behind her suspicious statement.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/criminologists-doubt-teenage-mothers-claim-that-she-put-her-baby-in-a-canal/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-03-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

4 hours ago, bradiston said:

Isn't the whole case sub judice? What the heck are these "experts" doing giving their unasked for and I'll informed opinions? Charge them with contempt of court!

They're just following the flow of this forum????

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe I don’t know enough about this story, but I am wondering why Criminologists and not Psychiatrists.

I have knowledge of Mother & Baby Units in the UK for post partum psychosis and or depression.

it maybe an illness and not a crime.  

• Thanks 1