Chinese flights to Thailand remain high, swing to more independent travellers

snoop1130

Chinese to a large extent, have quietly take Thailand over, in commerce, real estate investments, tourism related businesses and probably in politics too in not too small numbers, and all under the radar.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, ukrules said:

But China said it would send the tour groups, what happened?

Here on Phuket the Russians have all but disappeared back 'ome but my cleaner is now complaining about Chinese tour busses, so who knows? Either way, they'll all be gone by end of the month. Lousy weather and insanely high prices will see to that.

On 3/2/2023 at 4:31 AM, snoop1130 said:

Despite the high travel costs, Chinese travelers are still visiting Thailand, with the number of seats from eastern China totaling 17,308 per week in February. Shanghai, in particular, secured the largest capacity of 10,000 seats with more than ten airlines operating flights to Phuket, Bangkok and Chiang Mai.

It's like a second home.Screenshot_20230304-122958.thumb.png.24fc925ed5132517d8a61c7ad3a726f5.png

Screenshot_20230304-123007.thumb.png.87a733ccdceb88e69bef5f49f8c21dcd.png

Screenshot_20230304-123007.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

"Chinese flights to Thailand remain high,"

A good idea I would say. Low "terrain following " flying is one thing for military aircraft, great fun for Biggles up the front, and entertaining making the troops in the back sick; but not really the thing for civil airliners. Helps with seeing them on Radar as well don't you know!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 1

On 3/2/2023 at 8:31 PM, snoop1130 said:

The fares for key cities in China, such as Shanghai, Chengdu and Guangzhou, have increased 1.5 times, ranging from 14,000 to 24,500 baht. Meanwhile, ticket prices for secondary cities have surged 200% due to the reopening of direct flights only this year.

This is a world-wide development, but one would think that ticket prices from major Chinese cities are still more affordable than those from North America or Europe.

On 3/2/2023 at 8:44 PM, Pouatchee said:

Rabbit out of a hat figures. They magically appear.

If TAT officials interviewed me at the airport about my spending habits, I'd tell them '1.5 million'... - When Tourism Malaysia staff interviewed me years ago, I made up the numbers too. (Partly because I was embarrassed having stayed only two days, and partly because I couldn't recall all the numbers.)

Edited by StayinThailand2much

On 3/2/2023 at 3:40 PM, ezzra said:

Chinese to a large extent, have quietly take Thailand over, in commerce, real estate investments, tourism related businesses and probably in politics too in not too small numbers, and all under the radar.

Been the standard for a couple of centuries to date. 

Not a contemporary phenomena. 

Simple observations and historic comprehension might fly right by some. 

Chinese and India are the only ones that can breath the air this time of the year... Personally I and anyone with any brain matter or lung vacates Thailand. It's a s&&it hole behind belief.

Edited by Gknrd
  • Thumbs Up 1