Looking for a agent to register my marriage certificate in Thailand

Hi guys,

My husband and I (both are foreigners) are planning to get married in Chiang Mai, as we are both not good at Thai, it is very difficult for us to communicate with the amphur here.

can anybody recommend a reliable local agent in Chiang Mai to register my marriage?

Thank you very much ka.

You do not need an agent. Take the papers provided by the person who officiates at the marriage to the Ampeu office and do it yourself. The staff will find an English speaker who will guide you,

Here is a statement that I found on Google, "To get married in Thailand, the Thai authorities require a Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage (CNI) to prove you're free to marry."  Your Embassy would be able to issue CNIs.

Once you have that, take the CNIs, your passports (may need them translated), along with 2 witnesses to the Amphur.  Should be able to process the Certificate easily.  I don't think you need any type of health certificate.

If you need assistance, contact Siam-Legal.  They are very competent and speak English.

1 hour ago, fceligoj said:

Here is a statement that I found on Google, "To get married in Thailand, the Thai authorities require a Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage (CNI) to prove you're free to marry."  Your Embassy would be able to issue CNIs.

Once you have that, take the CNIs, your passports (may need them translated), along with 2 witnesses to the Amphur.  Should be able to process the Certificate easily.  I don't think you need any type of health certificate.

If you need assistance, contact Siam-Legal.  They are very competent and speak English.

once the forms (CNI )are obtained from your embassy, they together with a translation of both your passports need to be taken to the MFA ministry of foreign affairs in Bangkok, where they are stamped and certified, make several copies of everything, the local Amphur will take possession of the the CNI so make sure you have copies, the amphur can provide the  witnesses, choose an amphur that is familiar with foreign residents. best of luck, an agent in Bangkok may make the process of MFA involvement easier.