truck air-con

Kwasaki

Depends on what they did, to actually clean the in cab "radiator" is a big job on most rides, so I doubt they did that, probably a system gas evacuation, re-gas and oil, plus cab filter, which would be about what you were charged..

Did you have an A/C problem...?

17 minutes ago, transam said:

Depends on what they did, to actually clean the in cab "radiator" is a big job on most rides, so I doubt they did that, probably a system gas evacuation, re-gas and oil, plus cab filter, which would be about what you were charged..

Did you have an A/C problem...?

The guy speaks English he said we can just change your air-con filter if you want but the system is a mess, I saw the airfilter which was a real mess.

He said the inside system is very dirty and we will check the aircon fluid. 

The trucks 6 years old so i just said OK get all done. 

Had engine oil and filter change, wheels off and cleaned, all brakes cleaned and hand brake adjusted.

External rad cleaned, underneath checked including steering rubbers etc. 4,320 baht so not so bad the 1,800 included just seemed a bit much. 

Edited by Kwasaki
Ads in the way when using mobile

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

The guy speaks English he said we can just change your air-con filter if you want but the system is a mess, I saw the airfilter which was a real mess.

He said the inside system is very dirty and we will check the aircon fluid. 

The trucks 6 years old so i just said OK get all done. 

Had engine oil and filter change, wheels off and cleaned, all brakes cleaned and hand brake adjusted.

External rad cleaned, underneath checked including steering rubbers etc. 4,320 baht so not so bad the 1,800 just seemed a bit much. 

The A/C filter has nothing to do with the A/C itself, it just cleans the air coming in from outside that blows through the "cold A/C radiator". The guy cannot see inside the A/C system, it is a sealed high pressure gas thingy

If it were working OK, then it was OK, though it didn't hurt having new gas.

Your home fridge has much the same system, where the gas is never changed unless a prob, just had mine done, but it is 15 years old...:stoner:

10 minutes ago, transam said:

The A/C filter has nothing to do with the A/C itself, it just cleans the air coming in from outside that blows through the "cold A/C radiator". The guy cannot see inside the A/C system, it is a sealed high pressure gas thingy

If it were working OK, then it was OK, though it didn't hurt having new gas.

Your home fridge has much the same system, where the gas is never changed unless a prob, just had mine done, but it is 15 years old...:stoner:

I noticed the air-con is much colder that's all. 

There were 2 filters changed.

1677841205858-860516264.thumb.jpg.99f96db9d24210dba2db9ab68fe5481a.jpg

I'm not bothered like just curious if  it was necessary or not but too late now. 

Edited by Kwasaki
Ads in the way when using mobile

Unless there is a leak, the only things they will likely change are filters. Maybe add a little gas if pressure down. and blow out condenser. 

If your filters have never been touched, then it's likely dirt has got past, and maybe that's what he means. They do get very grubby here.

If as you say, it's blowing much colder, then they have added gas.

GF's Honda City went in  for service last week. They said they think there is a leak somewhere in the A/C. Said they will need to change three parts: Condenser, expansion valve, and I think the other was evaporator.

That says to me they don't know where the leak is and just want to change everything. For over 12,000 baht, they can stick it.

Edited by phetphet
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Unless there is a leak, the only things they will likely change are filters. Maybe add a little gas if pressure down. and blow out condenser. 

If your filters have never been touched, then it's likely dirt has got past, and maybe that's what he means. They do get very grubby here.

If as you say, it's blowing much colder, then they have added gas.

GF's Honda City went in  for service last week. They said they think there is a leak somewhere in the A/C. Said they will need to change three parts: Condenser, expansion valve, and I think the other was evaporator.

That says to me they don't know where the leak is and just want to change everything. For over 12,000 baht, they can stick it.

They wanted 12,000bht for similar at Suzuki for our weee run around, when all I wanted was a failed fan replacement.

Put the fan in, all back to normal. But, I noticed the A/C had a long stretch of alloy pipe that the newly cooled gas has to travel through across the hot engine bay, so looked on Lazada for a length of insulation tube to cover it to keep the heat away, which I did, and it has made an improvement in cooling time....☺️

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, phetphet said:

As long as its blowing cold air, it should be working OK. 

Yeah fair call my air-con filters were very mucky there were two. 

It was very different coming back home very cold at low settings. 

I do neglect my truck hardly use it much,  so this service was nearly 2 years on. 

They said I should change tyres well they would wouldn't they the tyres are coming up to 8 years old but no cracks, no splits, enough tread.

Got a price for 4 new Dunnies 21,000 so that sounds good.

From my experience you can't just take it and get it recharged.  After a few years depending on usage especially here outside of Bangkok lots of dirt roads you got to have it cleaned. 

My 2006 Yaris was such a case,  I went to a number of independent shop at one shop they were cleaning a Vios basically the same to get to unit they removed the entire dash it was crazy the parts the number of screws laying everywhere to clean what look like a small radiator. My concern was   even when they put it back would it be the same I had nightmares about rattles and shaking.

One day at the Toyota dealer guy said your A/C needs service for sure it wasn't as cold been delaying while doing more research.  I ask the guy how do they do the service takecit all apart?   Guy said no walk me over to a location dealers have a special vacuum that flushes the unit with a cleaner solvent replace filter if needed if do they bag it for you to see it was replaced and condition same always with the other filters. I was sold although years back thatcessctge around the cost pretty much what the independent shop wanted difference the whole dash comes off. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

From my experience you can't just take it and get it recharged.  After a few years depending on usage especially here outside of Bangkok lots of dirt roads you got to have it cleaned. 

My 2006 Yaris was such a case,  I went to a number of independent shop at one shop they were cleaning a Vios basically the same to get to unit they removed the entire dash it was crazy the parts the number of screws laying everywhere to clean what look like a small radiator. My concern was   even when they put it back would it be the same I had nightmares about rattles and shaking.

One day at the Toyota dealer guy said your A/C needs service for sure it wasn't as cold been delaying while doing more research.  I ask the guy how do they do the service takecit all apart?   Guy said no walk me over to a location dealers have a special vacuum that flushes the unit with a cleaner solvent replace filter if needed if do they bag it for you to see it was replaced and condition same always with the other filters. I was sold although years back thatcessctge around the cost pretty much what the independent shop wanted difference the whole dash comes off. 

Thanks, they had this vacuum cleaner thing, I thought thats strange they don't usually hover the inside of my truck when they service it. ????

They certainly done something the cooler dial was at 9 o/c on low fan and it was very cold. 

I turned it lower to half way between 9 and off. 

Before the dial was always on 2 or 3rd fan position with cooler dial at 12 or 3 o/c.

The engine filter was a right mess too. 

I will change that a bit more often in the future.

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Thanks, they had this vacuum cleaner thing, I thought thats strange they don't usually hover the inside of my truck when they service it. ????

They certainly done something the cooler dial was at 9 o/c on low fan and it was very cold. 

Before the dial was always on 2 or 3rd fan position with cooler dial at 12 or 3 o/c.

Glad! same with my Yaris after it was cold after years starting to get the same now I take it to independent recently to charge it is a bit better but guy told me if not time to clean again. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

If your A/C air filter was bunged up and the A/C is usually set to incoming air, the cooling will be cr_p...

44 minutes ago, transam said:

If your A/C air filter was bunged up and the A/C is usually set to incoming air, the cooling will be cr_p...

Yeah maybe but after 6 years it is difficult to say, maybe it was Cr--p i the first place when i bought  it. 

You know me no BS. 

Edited by Kwasaki
Dam ads in the way you bunch of Plonkers
  • Thumbs Up 1