Are real people still posting here ?

MrNatural

1 minute ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Last one out needs to turn off the lights. Not many of us left here.

Many have gone home, due to bad currency rates, fed up with scams, immigration hurdles, etc. The older folks here meet the inevitable. Then there is no rejuvenation with new, younger members, as they're all on social media.

What's social media...is it where the media is social when speaking....can we get a beer and be social with the media...asking for my pet racoon lefty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Felton Jarvis said:

How would you define "real"??  The latest Supreme Court Justice cannot even define "woman" and she IS one.  I am convinced that I am real.  

How do we [or anyone] know that you're real? 

Just now, Felton Jarvis said:

How would you define "real"??  The latest Supreme Court Justice cannot even define "woman" and she IS one.  I am convinced that I am real.  

I think I need one of the new Hershey bars to confirm your post 

Screenshot_20230305_075000_Chrome.jpg

54 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

What's social media...is it where the media is social when speaking....can we get a beer and be social with the media...asking for my pet racoon lefty.

Yep. 

Ever notice that social media ain't that terribly social. 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

So who exactly do you think are posting?

mannequins?

Aliens?

The ghost of Johnny Cash?

Pixies or other mythical folk?

There's this other bloke, calls himself 2baht!

14 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I've often wondered how many active profiles are on this forum, out of the 200,000+ profiles that are registered.

Along with how many actually live or at least visited since TH opened after covid or at least in 2019.   With few exceptions, I ignore any replies and or advise from those not living here.

Even I don't comment on some TH topics, as I don't have current experience with them.

I like it when people suggest a restaurant, hotel or venue, that's been closed for years ????

Would be almost as silly as me giving advice on a USA forum, since haven't lived there for decades.   Because of that, a USA forum wouldn't even interest me.   Don't think I could ever be that bored.   

Surprised I even keep up with some of the current world & USA news, as most doesn't affect TH or myself at all.   It is some funny A$$ reading though.

Edited by KhunLA

9 hours ago, MrNatural said:

...other trivial subject like finding decent wine at 499THB in Ubon Ratchathani...

Trivial???  Decent wine at value is trivial!?!   You, sir, have just outed yourself as a bot!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rankric said:

Nah but seriously its just a few guys pretending to be 30 guys.

Proof please.

One would need 30 email addresses, user names and IP addresses to do that.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Proof please.

One would need 30 email addresses, user names and IP addresses to do that.

No you do not need 30 ip addresses. A real member attempting it may need that but others do not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, rankric said:

No you do not need 30 ip addresses. A real member attempting it may need that but others do not.

You cannot register on AN without a unique email address and username, and if the system detects the same IP address being used by 'different' members, it locks you out, and admin will bar you.

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

You mean "the other' forum????

Which one you talking about, there is a few. One sprang up sometime in september 2018 and others are plodding along. They all have the yesteryear look. Odd that.

I'm real.  I don't live in Thailand but via my hunting trips and now marriage to an isaan woman I have connections to Thailand.  May never live in Thailand but I'm keeping up to date on current news on USA, Thailand and the World.  There are at least 30 real people here.  Many who's words of wisdom get some cred from me.   

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Elkski said:

There are at least 30 real people here.  

Please name and shame those real people so that the auto-responders amongst us can avoid them. 

Edited by asf6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rankric said:

15000 members on one i frequent. Great place full of positive content. 

Then head over there and visit that social society. Talking nonsense about bots here is ludicrous.

2 hours ago, rankric said:

Now I know your trolling. The last one that tried that here was banned and locked out.  Not easy.