Multi entry non o - can extend 30 days?

Hello, I’m here on a 90 day entry on a non-o multi entry visa. (Marriage)

Is it possible to extend this for 30 days at immigration? I have to fly for work in 2 weeks so it would be easier to extend for 30 days then fly for work, rather than doing a visa run and then a week later leaving the country.

28 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

Follow up question: Are there any tangible negative consequences for overstaying 3-4 days and then doing a visa run? I know I’ll need to probably pay a fine, but that’ll be cheaper than a visa run. 

Just a 500 baht per day fine for each day of overstay unless caught with it before leaving the country.

35 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

Follow up question: Are there any tangible negative consequences for overstaying 3-4 days and then doing a visa run? I know I’ll need to probably pay a fine, but that’ll be cheaper than a visa run. 

3 to 4 days overstay at 500 THB a day = 2000 THB, I have no idea where you are but how much will you save?

And don't get checked / caught on the way to the Airport then you will regret that you have overstayed

• Like 1

I’d rather spend 2000 baht and avoid a visa run. I’m in phuket so the only real options are a flight or spending 5AM to 10PM on various minibuses in horrendous traffic. I’d pay way more than 2000 baht to avoid all that drama just to extend my stay a little. 

7 hours ago, Leveraged said:

I’d rather spend 2000 baht and avoid a visa run. I’m in phuket so the only real options are a flight or spending 5AM to 10PM on various minibuses in horrendous traffic. I’d pay way more than 2000 baht to avoid all that drama just to extend my stay a little. 

IMO not clever.

Couple of posters have already suggested 60 day extension to visit wife.

Not sure if this alternative would work but you could chat with immigration regarding applying for extension with full knowledge that it will be refused and then granted 7 days to leave Thailand.

(it's not an extension) .

Edit: just re read OP.

You were happy (it seems)  to apply for a 30 day extension.

When uj and zzzzz suggested a 60 day extension to visit wife you didn't reply?? 

Bit more paperwork but not difficult.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2