Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Bank account frozen

Just now, Yellowtail said:

If once account could be frozen just because someone reports a scam, everyone's accounts would be frozen.

Something would likely have to be proven....

When an account is frozen? Just when big amounts of money are involved?

Most countries around the world would require:

Proof.

Court ruling.

First then might a account be 'frozen'.

This can happen fast in 'high profile cases', but for the rest of us, will take months, at best.

If a small sum, consider the cost for attorney and court fee, before anything else.

• Like 1

well my Santander  account was frozen no warning no reason when i phoned them no reason just a slight hint of tax, so i asked if they need my P.60 as i had this years copy, they seemed to laugh it off???  but i sent that and another bank statement my account was unfrozen 

within 48 hours. as this meant i had my pension stopped being able to access it for 3 weeks all told , i transferred that money that i had  taken out of my savings account in another bank, both banks were in my name with the same address but for some unknown reason they froze my account again '' was it because i had the nerve to put my money into a bank that would not freeze my account because thats all that i done, after one Santander contact staff informed me it was ''electronic's when i phoned them again i was told that my log-in details had to change ??? and my bank would send the new ones by post within 14 days

three weeks on and no mail with regard to my new log-in details, it felt like Santander employed naughty children who promised to behave but in the end  could not keep their promises its three months on now as Santander have denied me access to my state pensions

i will soon run out of money ,altogether, i am 72 years old  i think Santander denying my access to my state pension is illegal and they tried to make out i had put the wrong details into my log-in to many times, but the login details only changed when i asked about this freezing OAP Pension's and the law.. some of these bankers are bad people we need more well trained staff at banks as from my vantage point  they don;t know their <deleted> from their elbow

• Confused 2

22 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

If once account could be frozen just because someone reports a scam, everyone's accounts would be frozen.

Something would likely have to be proven....

And needs to hire a lawyer to have his account frozen? A police report is not enough?

23 hours ago, Tayida said:

If report a fraud involving money (not a big sum) RTP will frozen the account of the "scammer" until get the money back?

Yes, once a report is made and proof is given, the RTP will investigate and freeze the account if warranted. My GF ordered items from a Facebook poster. The items were said to be shipped. No tracking given. A week goes by, she contacts the seller via messenger, has a back and forth with proof of payment to the sellers account. Seller refused to refund the money yet no items shipped. Went to the RTP Lumpini station and filed a complaint with the photocopies of the messenger chat and the sellers bank info.  A week later my GF was contacted by the RTP. They had frozen the sellers account and when they talked to the seller about the fraud charges she wanted my GF to call her because she would now refund the money. The RTP said it was up to her to contact the seller by phone as they had also locked her Facebook page and messenger app.  GF called, the fraudster was apologetic and sent her the money back via bank transfer from another account. She then asked if my GF would go to the RTP and have them cancel the complaint as she had refunded the money.  GF went to the RTP and had them cancel the complaint she had made, obtained a letter and took it to the bank where the account was locked so the account could be unlocked. However, the bank would not unlock the account as other complaints throughout bangkok had been made and each of those police stations had also asked for the account to be frozen.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes, once a report is made and proof is given, the RTP will investigate and freeze the account t. My GF ordered items from a Facebook poster. The items were said to be shipped. No tracking given. A week goes by,shecontacts he seller via messenger, has a back and forth with proof of payment to the sellers account. Seller refused to refund the money yet no items shipped. Went to the RTP Lumpini station and filed a complaint with the photocopies of the messenger chat and the sellers bank info.  A week later my GF was contacted by the RTP. They had frozen the sellers account and when they talked to the seller about the fraud charges she wanted my GF to call her because she would now refund the money. The RTP said it was up to her to contact the seller by phone as they had also locked her Facebook page and messenger app.  GF called, the fraudster was apologetic and sent her the money back via bank transfer from another account. She then asked if my GF would go to the RTP and have them cancel the complaint as she had refunded the money.  GF went to the RTP and had them cancel the complaint she had made, obtained a letter and took it to the bank where the account was locked so the account could be unlocked. However, the bank would not unlock the account as other complaints throughout bangkok had been made and each of those police stations had also asked for the account to be frozen.

Can I ask how much money were involved in your GF case? Thank you.

So it takes anyway weeks before something will happen, right?

2 minutes ago, Tayida said:

Can I ask how much money were involved in your GF case? Thank you.

So it takes anyway weeks before something will happen, right?

It was only 8000 Thb. If you have the evidence the RTP still have to investigate the case before freezing the account.

Edited by ThailandRyan

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It was only 8000 Thb. If you have the evidence the RTP still have to investigate the case before freezing the account.

Here we speak about 3000 THB.

1 minute ago, Tayida said:

Here we speak about 3000 THB.

It's up to you. With proof of the fraud etc...copies of the discussion with the seller/fraudster, copies of the transfer, copy of the fraudsters account they got you to transfer money into etc.....take your passport, and the evidence to the local RTP station and make a report. Take along a Thai speaker if you don't speak Thai.  You never know what's going to happen you might be just one of many scammed.  During Covid times it was a big deal.

4 hours ago, Tayida said:

Again I am sorry, but not understand your answer. Sorry.

What do you not understand?

No, you do not need to hire a lawyer to have his account frozen.

No, a police report is not enough.

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

What do you not understand?

No, you do not need to hire a lawyer to have his account frozen.

No, a police report is not enough.

Correct: so how they will freeze a bank account if no need a lawyer and a police report is not enough to do it? 

On 3/5/2023 at 5:12 PM, Tayida said:

When an account is frozen? Just when big amounts of money are involved?

OP, you have opened few threads that imo are in the main nonsense.

Just to name one the fictitious overstay thread.

Along with another random 3rd hand account and now this thread.

Do you have a genuine thread? 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Apart the overstay that is a story they told me, others all real.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Plus 1.  But don't hold your breath.

• Thumbs Up 1