Training Launched To Help Drivers To Get Their Points Back

webfact

Help me out folks.

I read and re-read the post and the article.

I still can't discern whether their 90 day suspensions are cancelled inside the 90 days or whatever period of driving suspension they have placed upon them, because they comply with some few hours of an 'ED course'.

The notion of driver ED is of an intervention in the shocking driving antics of LOS drivers, whether it will go anyway to reducing the world-leading carnage on LOS roads, is another thing.

Reducing suspension because someone attends a class or a few classes is not a good idea. A suspension is a suspension and is designed as such to restrict and punish the offending driver, AND to make the roads safer for that suspension time for other drivers.

The issue of social 'norms' around drinking and getting on bikes, into cars, and trucks has to be addressed at the micro-social level with cultural change invoked.

Whether this can be done in this land as it has to those nations elsewhere that have entrained multi-pronged road safety road-toll campaigns and had huge success in road-toll deaths reduction is a notion I have no idea of.

The changes needed to stop tens of thousands of people dying on LOS roads annually is something for successive Thai governments (decades of consistent programs focussing on this) and the Thai people themselves taking responsibility for is the only way the death and carnage can be reduced.

Given what we see and can understand (a dim light on a world we will only ever know a tiny amount about less understand) of LOS the future of bodies on roadways and torn apart by crushed metal will continue unabated.

Sadly another typical Thailand ridiculous idea, the driving test is a joke and this along with no road discipline is why Thailand has one of the highest road fatalities on the planet. Some idiot will have been paid a nice fat wad for dreaming up this stupid idea that defeats the whole purpose of a points deduction system.