Tucker Carlson said he hates Trump 'passionately', lawsuit reveals

Scott

Tucker Carlson, left, and former president Donald Trump at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey, in July 2022.

Fox News host Tucker Carlson said in a text message after the 2020 election that he "passionately hated" Donald Trump, according to new court filings.

Mr Carlson's message to a colleague in January 2021 emerged as part of a defamation lawsuit by Dominion Voting Systems against Fox News.

The electronic voting firm accuses the network of promoting baseless claims of vote-rigging in the election.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64886188

BBC.jpg

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

And let's remember what a huge week this has been for both Tucker and Trump - what with the whole Jan 6th narrative collapsing and much anger over the footage released that shows the lies and selected footage to misinform the public. Good to see both men concentrating on the important issue not on the distraction and irrelevance of personal feelings and gossip.

What planet are you living on to get fed info like that?

Read the entire article.  It's more than just personal, it's professional as well:

"That's the last four years. We're all pretending we've got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it's been is too tough to digest. But come on. There isn't really an upside to Trump."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Not sure why the left are so astounded hearing that Tucker does not like Trump on a personal level that it is major headline news? All conservatives have their own ideas and tastes, they are not a homogenous hivemind leaping from one manufactured outrage to the next(eg Russia collusion/Musk/outrage over protecting kids from predators in schools/Kavanaugh/Carlson).

In my experience, the left are absolutely convinced that anyone to the right of Karl Marx loves Trump. Even when you tell them you don't, they are absolutely convinced that you have a picture of him on your bedside table and support everything he ever said.

It's a curious phenomenon. I can virtually guarantee that this post will be followed up with accusations that I secretly adore him. Well, maybe not now that I predicted it (although probably). ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

In my experience, the left are absolutely convinced that anyone to the right of Karl Marx loves Trump. Even when you tell them you don't, they are absolutely convinced that you have a picture of him on your bedside table and support everything he ever said.

It's a curious phenomenon. I can virtually guarantee that this post will be followed up with accusations that I secretly adore him. Well, maybe not now that I predicted it (although probably). ????

If not exactly loves him, they will vote for him instead of a Democrat, because he play republican. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure why the left are so astounded hearing that Tucker does not like Trump on a personal level that it is major headline news? All conservatives have their own ideas and tastes, they are not a homogenous hivemind leaping from one manufactured outrage to the next(eg Russia collusion/Musk/outrage over protecting kids from predators in schools/Kavanaugh/Carlson). Tucker is to be commended for keeping his personal feelings under control to as fairly as possible do his job. And let's remember what a huge week this has been for both Tucker and Trump - what with the whole Jan 6th narrative collapsing and much anger over the footage released that shows the lies and selected footage to misinform the public. Good to see both men concentrating on the important issue not on the distraction and irrelevance of personal feelings and gossip.

"“GREAT JOB BY TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT,” Mr Trump wrote on Truth Social on Tuesday night. “The Unselect Committee of political Hacks & Thugs has been totally discredited. They knowingly refused to show the Videos that mattered. They should be tried for Fraud and Treason, and those imprisoned and being persecuted should be exonerated and released, NOW!”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-tucker-carlson-jan-6-videos-b2296627.html

Transparency wins the day!

“Tucker Carlson, who's very much in the news right now, drew 4.14 million viewers at 8 p.m., a massive delivery for a regularly- scheduled news program”.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/category/ratings

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

Transparency wins the day!

Tucker Carlson, who's very much in the news right now, drew 4.14 million viewers at 8 p.m., a massive delivery for a regularly- scheduled news program.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/category/ratings

Transparency? You know how much coverage Fox News has given to this issue? If you think the total amount of coverage is greater than 0, you've got it wrong. And that goes for most other right wing news sites, too. Including Carlson's Daily Caller.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not sure why the left are so astounded hearing that Tucker does not like Trump on a personal level that it is major headline news? All conservatives have their own ideas and tastes, they are not a homogenous hivemind leaping from one manufactured outrage to the next(eg Russia collusion/Musk/outrage over protecting kids from predators in schools/Kavanaugh/Carlson). Tucker is to be commended for keeping his personal feelings under control to as fairly as possible do his job. And let's remember what a huge week this has been for both Tucker and Trump - what with the whole Jan 6th narrative collapsing and much anger over the footage released that shows the lies and selected footage to misinform the public. Good to see both men concentrating on the important issue not on the distraction and irrelevance of personal feelings and gossip.

"“GREAT JOB BY TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT,” Mr Trump wrote on Truth Social on Tuesday night. “The Unselect Committee of political Hacks & Thugs has been totally discredited. They knowingly refused to show the Videos that mattered. They should be tried for Fraud and Treason, and those imprisoned and being persecuted should be exonerated and released, NOW!”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-tucker-carlson-jan-6-videos-b2296627.html

Tucker disagrees with you, this is about Trump's achievements.
"That's the last four years. We're all pretending we've got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it's been is too tough to digest. But come on. There isn't really an upside to Trump."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Tucker disagrees with you, this is about Trump's achievements.

Again. Tucker has his own opinions. Who cares? I would argue that defeating ISIS and nominating 3 supreme court judges was an achievement.  Due to that and other achievements I think Tucker is wrong but can respect his stance and move on with life without issue.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, vandeventer said:

If I said I hated Mr. Trump passionately how many here would believe me? Again, wake up and smell the roses.

A rare moment of agreement. Carlson is only trying to diminish his role in spreading Trump's lies. 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, placeholder said:

First off, you're anonymous.

Second, if you weren't anonymous, and  you said it in private emails not meant to be seen by the public, I would believe it.

Well just to be clear I think Trump is great and he has my vote.

• Sad 2
  • Love It 2

34 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Whatever you think of Trump I guess we can all concur that, if there was any room for doubt previously, Fox News is a total disgrace and cannot be trusted and will say whatever it takes to make money. We can all concur on that I hope. 

I don't think the more right of the center oriented members will agree with that.

10 hours ago, vandeventer said:

If I said I hated Mr. Trump passionately how many here would believe me? Again, wake up and smell the roses.

I'd believe you.

I struggle to understand why anyone likes him.  He has zero redeeming features.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1