Former self made man to sleeping in a gas station - all thanks to a pretty Thai woman

webfact

The most consistent finding we've learned through 85 years of study is: Positive relationships keep us happier, healthier, and help us live longer. Period

This dude realized there is more to life than money, but no happy ending here. It can happen to the best of us......in search of love.......Pattaya!!!!  

Former self made man to sleeping in a gas station - all thanks to a pretty Thai woman

The "to" is redundant here, as it says "former" self made man.  The title literally suggests he went from being a former self-made man (not a current self-made man) to sleeping in a gas station.

• Like 1

When I came to Thailand, more than 2 decades ago, the house next to mine was owned by a woman whose husband was working in Korea to make money to pay the house and take care of his family.
One day, the guy came back from Korea to visit his wife and his children, and apparently the house was sold to another person who was married now to his wife and his children were now on this person name.
Seems that the wife reported the husband as "died on an accident while working abroad" and sold everything.
Strange, but such things are possible in thailand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

When I came to Thailand, more than 2 decades ago, the house next to mine was owned by a woman whose husband was working in Korea to make money to pay the house and take care of his family.
One day, the guy came back from Korea to visit his wife and his children, and apparently the house was sold to another person who was married now to his wife and his children were now on this person name.
Seems that the wife reported the husband as "died on an accident while working abroad" and sold everything.
Strange, but such things are possible in thailand.

Lack of enforcement of poorly written laws and a money centric culture are contributing factors that make this "possible." 

7 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

Lack of enforcement of poorly written laws and a money centric culture are contributing factors that make this "possible." 

"Lack of enforcement"?

My own wife changed her name and the name of the children at the Thetsabaan without my knowledge because a monk said to here that the names were "not auspicious".

Go figure ...

Anyone can get a new identity in Thailand if they want.

4 hours ago, ross163103 said:

A few of my Thai male friends have put everything in their girlfriend/partner/wive's names; never understood that. Nothing lasts forever comes to mind. 

Well the male friends will not last forever, so on their demise they have already made things  easier for partner/wife etc. It is a big decision.... and not to be undertaken lightly Even t I am thinking to transfer my truck and motorcycle into my wife's name.... if anything else it will save some trips to immigration for that idiotic COR in the future. 

10 hours ago, Confuscious said:

"Lack of enforcement"?

My own wife changed her name and the name of the children at the Thetsabaan without my knowledge because a monk said to here that the names were "not auspicious".

Go figure ...

https://www.dw.com/en/thailand-name-change-good-fortune/a-56459699

On 3/9/2023 at 8:02 PM, spidermike007 said:

Well, we all seem to have a very different definition of what girlfriend is, or is not. I hear some men or women talk about being in love with someone after knowing them two weeks. All that is, is anxiety, impatience, and the intense desire to be in love. Some are more in love with the idea of being in love, than with the person they are with. I think for most of us who are emotionally healthy, the idea of taking one's time to really get to know someone, is alot more informative and desirable, than just losing oneself in the moment. 

I have seen countless men lose their fortunes, or at least their financial stability here, by moving too fast, assuming she is someone she definitely is not, and projecting too much onto someone they have not bothered to really get to know, and allowing the woman to push the agenda. Always push back against a timeline. Always. It is far better to lose the woman, than to unnecessarily lose your money and feel like a fool.

Alot of guys fall in love with the idea of being in love. And they devote their heart to a woman who is undeserving. So, the best course of action, if to take you time to get to know her. Time allows clarity. If it is good it will only get better. If there are problems (such as the ones you are describing), they will manifest themselves over time. This is why you do not allow yourself to get emotionally invested, until you know who she is. That takes a year, or two, or longer. If she shows you she is not worthy of your affection, and attention, you walk away. Man up. Pay tribute to your gender. Show yourself some self respect. Do not allow yourself to be abused, and treated like a street dog.

I did not get all the way through your lecture.

On 3/11/2023 at 2:40 PM, Confuscious said:

"Lack of enforcement"?

Go figure ...

no difference than a lot of countries, easy to change your name provided it isn't for any  illegal activities.