UK Pension Life Certificate

Isan Farang

5 minutes ago, homeseeker said:

Bangkok bank seem to have policy not to sign.

Unlawful to sign yourself.

Irrelevant you can get away with that.

A friendly pharmacist or similar may sign!

Or pay a lawyer to do it.

You only need to be a respectable member of the community.....that covers most of the people I know.

No need to pay anybody.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The important thing is to get the stamp  (chop) from person signing

the form for you , doing it yourself not possible ... 

I've signed a number of these plus passport apps. and have never had a stamp to use. I always provide a copy of the Membership certificate from my old engineering institution to return with the form. Never a problem - quite likely they never look at it or check. Membership expired long ago but it shows I WAS an "engineer with professional qualifications", to quote the eligibility criteria for signatories.

7 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Some of the posters on hear seem to assume it has to be a Thai who signs. 

There are many expats in the community that qualify as a signatory.

Indeed, and a stamp is not mandatory, though preferred....

Fill the form in send it off, wait about a month and ring them up to find out if they received it and all is well. You will be asked a few security questions, have your N.I. number ready...

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Indeed, and a stamp is not mandatory, though preferred....

Fill the form in send it off, wait about a month and ring them up to find out if they received it and all is well. You will be asked a few security questions, have your N.I. number ready...

T.....it is not preferred, it is no longer required.

My advice would be different to yours. I wouldn't waste time calling them, I would act by default on the basis that 99% will get through the postal system...if my pension was not received on the due date then I would call Newcastle who will immediately reinstate the pension on the strength of that phone call.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

T.....it is not preferred, it is no longer required.

My advice would be different to yours. I wouldn't waste time calling them, I would act by default on the basis that 99% will get through the postal system...if my pension was not received on the due date then I would call Newcastle who will immediately reinstate the pension on the strength of that phone call.

I am one that cannot afford to have my pension stopped, and go through the delay sorting thingy.

My advice has served me well for many a year, and I still wear a mask in shops....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Some of the posters on hear seem to assume it has to be a Thai who signs. 

There are many expats in the community that qualify as a signatory.

So, basically any random person sitting in a brothel or walking in the mall or even a homeless person on the street can sign it. I bet one can find such a person for 100 baht. What is the point of the signature? 

• Confused 1

Just now, CartagenaWarlock said:

So, basically any random person sitting in a brothel or walking in the mall or even a homeless person on the street can sign it. I bet one can find such a person for 100 baht. What is the point of the signature? 

No............Most faragy's here have Thai extended family who have a gov job, school teacher etc, they can sign and put the school stamp, I know a few that do that with no problem...

Even a Thai business owner can do it..

10 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

No brothels, there is no prostitution in Thailand. But if there were whores I am sure many are more respectable than most politicians - or police!

Why pay 100 Baht, I sign them for free.

9 hours ago, homeseeker said:

Bangkok bank seem to have policy not to sign.

Unlawful to sign yourself.

Irrelevant you can get away with that.

A friendly pharmacist or similar may sign!

Or pay a lawyer to do it.

Unlawful?

Remind me again of the penalties.

1 hour ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

No. I used the word " qualify". There is advice on who qualifies sent with the form. 

In my local area there is an ex bank manager and an ex aircraft engineer that qualify.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, yosib157 said:

Being retired from UK  Government Service, I used to sign for fellow Brits and none was ever declined. However, a month ago when mine arrived at our new address, I noticed some significant changes from previous forms and having  only lived in this isolated area for 18 months, I didn't know who ask. So off to my ttb bank where they instantly refused point blank even though I've had the account for 20 years.

Right out of the blue, my missus suggested driving 65km to Roi Et Immigration where they willingly obliged, naturally, for a small donation. The Officer concerned was a Lieutenant Colonel no less so it should be OK.

I have information they are tightening up on these forms so signing your own may cause future problems.

18 months ago a 74 year old friend of mine received his first as he had never told them he was here. Wrong advice from the wrong person who said they would never find out -- until they stopped his pension. The guy is now back in Blighty living in a Salvation Army Hostel or similar trying to pay back 7 years of over payments.

Oh really?? And how did they contact him here, if they didn't know he was here.  Sounds a bit far fetched.    And if he was 74, he would have had to pay back 9 years, not 7 years. And why would he return to UK to pay it back, living here is cheaper. Some inconsistency in this.

Edited by Raindancer
Amendment
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, yosib157 said:

Being retired from UK  Government Service, I used to sign for fellow Brits and none was ever declined. However, a month ago when mine arrived at our new address, I noticed some significant changes from previous forms and having  only lived in this isolated area for 18 months, I didn't know who ask. So off to my ttb bank where they instantly refused point blank even though I've had the account for 20 years.

Right out of the blue, my missus suggested driving 65km to Roi Et Immigration where they willingly obliged, naturally, for a small donation. The Officer concerned was a Lieutenant Colonel no less so it should be OK.

I have information they are tightening up on these forms so signing your own may cause future problems.

18 months ago a 74 year old friend of mine received his first as he had never told them he was here. Wrong advice from the wrong person who said they would never find out -- until they stopped his pension. The guy is now back in Blighty living in a Salvation Army Hostel or similar trying to pay back 7 years of over payments.

Aye you can spin a fair tale or three

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Being married to the aunty of our village Phu Ya Ban, I have no difficulty in finding a 'person of good standing within the community' to sign for me. ????

Edited by Moonlover