Inward transfer

Hi

When sending money to Thailand, via bank, I understand is smarter to send foreign exchange, rather than buy THB in the home country, as the thai banks give a better rate?

Furthermore, but I hope is a misunderstanding, do thai banks(Siam Commercial) refuse to accept danish krones at the current time, even if is a wire transfer?

I have read there were some problems regarding cash exchange, but not bank transfers.

9 minutes ago, parabone01 said:

Furthermore, but I hope is a misunderstanding, do thai banks(Siam Commercial) refuse to accept danish krones at the current time, even if is a wire transfer?

Sorry but why would they do that - refuse to accept it?

Danish Kroner is on SCB's foreign exchange rate page so think highly unlikely

https://www.scb.co.th/en/personal-banking/foreign-exchange-rates.html

18 hours ago, topt said:

Sorry but why would they do that - refuse to accept it?

Danish Kroner is on SCB's foreign exchange rate page so think highly unlikely

https://www.scb.co.th/en/personal-banking/foreign-exchange-rates.html

There are/were some issues with buying danish kroner notes, due to money laundering laws in Denmark, as I understood.

I just want to be sure that standard bank transfers are not an issue and, like you point out, as long as SCB has the exchange rate on the official page, it shouldn't be a problem.

I could as well make the conversion in Denmark, but it's a large sum, and SCB does offer a better rate.I did not use bank transfer for a long time(I use Wise), it is correct, that, when sending foreign currency, in this case DKK, SCB will make the conversion in THB, when the money arrive?

28 minutes ago, parabone01 said:

it is correct, that, when sending foreign currency, in this case DKK, SCB will make the conversion in THB, when the money arrive?

Yes.

Depending on how large (possibly more than $30usd equivalent) they may contact you and you may be able to get a few satang more on the exchange - this is done by SCB Forex dept in BKK if it happens....