What you look for in a massage ?

One thing I love about Asia is the cheap massage.

I go twice a day when I'm in the Philippines or Thailand.

Compared to Sydney at $80 per hour /2000 baht I can get one in Asia for around 300 baht $15 Australian per hour 

So anyway let's move on with what I'm saying rather than beat around the bush.

What don't you like in a massage and I don't want any thing about happy endings ,I'm talking real massage .

First of all I don't care about attractive of masseurs , I just want a decent massage.and some of my best were old Asian guys 

Now last week I went to a North"Chinese " massage here in Sydney far far different from any before ,elbow pointy end to liver kidneys etc ,bloody hurt actually.

End of elbow to the kidneys 

Another one a few weeks Thai massage walked on my back , crack crack my back 

I also HATE it when too much talking ,where you from etc 

Too much noise outside ,I'm out !

Too much talking ...I'm out !

I strip down to my underwear ,sometimes they pull my undies down to massage the glutes 

Do you take it all off ?

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 2

If it is a good massage, I enjoy them but most just did this <deleted>ty course or learn it from home, that's not worth it for me. For those tourist and local cheap shops I just would go to get a foot and hand massage, as little can be done wrong with that.

To be honest; rarely went to the cheaper shops for a massage, I just wanted to handjob.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

Clean table/low bed and pillow linen, clean shirt and pants to change into. Certificates on the wall are usually a plus.

I don't go back to any shop where they won't back off on their massage, when I tell them I want  gentler manipulation.

I tend to prefer women in their fifties and sixties as more experienced. The young ones are often just trying to sell sex, and their massage skills are usually inversely correlated to their beauty.

Male masseurs working in temple precincts usually know what they are doing.

I play music on my phone to Bluetooth earbuds during the massage, external chatter does not bother me.

• Like 2

I have only been to a handful of massage shops while living in Bangkok.  For the most part the massage was not good.  And if you are a farang.  They automatically seem to think you are automatically there for other reasons.  
I have had two massages in major hotel spas.  They were good. 
For the most part you get what you pay for when it comes to quality. 

• Like 2

Going with the wife it is talking non stop, so Im not doing that anymore.

I like clean places with shower before and after as well a massage skirt or pants. Soft oil massage only,, since I can not trust their skills or experience, and having a bad back I take no chances. 

I also like the more intim stimulate massage without happy ending which I can save for my wife.

Been going for massage for 11 years COVID caused a break and cost me my favourite masseuse.

For me. I want a masseuse that listens to what I want.  To that end I tip well rave when I get a good massage and stick with the same spa. The manger knows what I want and the girls all know I tip well and a good massage is my happy ending.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

If you are actually there for the massage the gender etc of the nasseuse is irrelevant.

Middle aged woman is essential for me, not to young not to old, that makes me relax before we start, so relaxation and a time out is the essential having a massage for me. A tention cleansing 

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

If you are actually there for the massage the gender etc of the nasseuse is irrelevant.

Yes and no...   I went for a sports massage and it was a ladyboy who massaged me... 

At first I thought no and was uncomfortable until grew up and thought ‘whats the big deal’ its just a massage... doesn't matter who it is as long as they give a decent massage.

That said...  I’d prefer a female to give me a massage... its just the way it is. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just like what had been said before, no talking/noise, no people chatting on their phones and preferably no airconditioning. A therapist that can adjust to your preferred strength.

Most of the time I take a combo of Thai and oil. An hour is definitely too short, so mostly 90+ minutes. And I agree that the older ladies are usually the best.

We had a pretty unique massage place open up in Krabi recently. It's situated in a tropical garden and everybody has their own bamboo hut with fans and light and orivacy curtains. Very quiet, some very soft background music and the natural sounds of birds and crickets. It's called Nature Garden Massage, just outside of Ao Nang. Everything there has been great every time.

6 hours ago, mikebike said:

Exactly the opposite. I want a Thai massage from a beefy, middle-aged, well experienced masseuse. I find oil massage a waste of time. 

Each to their own. I think my ideal massage is more to help relax the mind rather than the body. I hate masseuses drilling holes in my feet and dislocating my fingers and toes. I also don't get the pleasure pain that some others do from a strong massage. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I tried to find out why massage is popular ( not the happy ending sort ) so I tried a lot, including wat Po massage school, but I never discovered the answer. Some were bad and caused a lot of pain, some were not, but I never felt any better after for it. In the end I just saved my money and wrote it off to one of those things in life that I don't get.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I went for a sports massage and it was a ladyboy who massaged me... 

At first I thought no and was uncomfortable until grew up and thought ‘whats the big deal’ its just a massage... doesn't matter who it is as long as they give a decent massage.

but how about if the LB goes a bit close to your tackle and you get aroused?

• Haha 1