Jakarta for Thai Tourist Visa?

Before Covid, a Thai tourist visa in Jakarta was possible under some circumstances, but was one of the toughest embassies. If you have an extensive prior history of tourism in Thailand, visible in your current passport, I doubt you will be successful.

• Like 1

Ok then. Are there any good embassys in Indonesia, or nearby countries? I may do a visa stopover if so. I see there's a Thai consulate in Denpasar

Edited by Hal65

8 hours ago, Hal65 said:

Ok then. Are there any good embassys in Indonesia, or nearby countries? I may do a visa stopover if so. I see there's a Thai consulate in Denpasar

As a Consulate Bali do not issue visas (according to reviews on their website) Shame as they were very helpful in the past 

11 hours ago, Hal65 said:

Indonesia is usually tough. Kuala Lumpur is sometimes fine for a tourist visa application, but has sometimes been horrible. I am not sure of the current status. You need an appointment to apply in Kuala Lumpur.

Other embassies/consulates near Thailand that are usually good are Vientiane (appointment needed), Savannakhet and Yangon. Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City used to be good, but no longer according to recent reports. Hong Kong was once great, but no longer issues visas to non residents. I have seen no reports at all about Kota Bharu (a bit inconvenient to travel to) since they restarted accepting visa applications post Covid. I suspect it might be a good place to apply if the complicated travel does not deter you.

I sense that the days of easy Thai tourist visas from nearby countries are becoming a thing of the past.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1