Bangkok Bank Passbook Entries

I have new BB savings account of one month.  When I just updated, first time since I got it, it seems that most of the entries are not present.  My account statement has everything that has transpired in my account there.  However, with the passbook, there is only a few entries including the correct final balance.  The passbook appears to have random entries. 

So, what goes into the account statement that does not go into the passbook?

You are talking about a Thailand or Philippine bank.  In Thailand all entries will be in passbook as almost all accounts are passbook accounts.  But a bank employee could update with just balance or if more than several months since last update machine could do/have missing entries.   But in a one month old account this should not happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you do not update your passbook after one month, you will get consolidated entries which are no good if Mr IO wants to see individual transfers. The Banking App  on your PC wi8ll show them.

• Thumbs Up 2

If you've only had the passbook for one month but did not update the previous book for a long time some of the entries will be consolidated, i.e. missed out. If you need a passbook to show all your transactions, for example to show immigration for your annual extension, you need to update it regularly, once every month or 6 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't update my passbook much so it then accumulates multiple amounts to come to a update total. 

I don't update it so l not need to keep getting a new book. ????

So how long does it take to fill 8 double pages?

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Not very long if using account for payments.  And getting new book becomes even more of an issue if joint account and both have to visit (and one or both have travel issues). 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KannikaP said:

Well our joint account book is 10 years old I have updated about 3 times. 

My 1 year extension visa account I update about 2 times a year because I have to have a letter from the bank for immigration to confirm the amounts required have been in bank account anyway, they only ask that i update the book the day i go to do 1yr extension along with the bank letter to dated the day we go. 

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Well our joint account book is 10 years old I have updated about 3 times. 

My 1 year extension visa account I update about 2 times a year because I have to have a letter from the bank for immigration to confirm the amounts required have been in bank account anyway, they only ask that i update the book the day i go to do 1yr extension along with the bank letter to dated the day we go. 

Do you use the Bangkok Bank online and/or phone app in order to know what's going in and out of your accounts?

9 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

If you've only had the passbook for one month but did not update the previous book for a long time some of the entries will be consolidated, i.e. missed out. If you need a passbook to show all your transactions, for example to show immigration for your annual extension, you need to update it regularly, once every month or 6 weeks.

Both the passbook and the account are only one month old.  The update was at inception and exactly one month later with the machine.  My 100,000 baht deposit was not entered in the passbook but was in the account statement and entered as a foreign transfer.

Just now, lopburi3 said:

And they have no issue with you using a joint account?  Do they accept double the normal amount?

No you miss it i have joint ATM card blue book account and a ATM card blue book account in my name only for 1 year extensions.

3 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Both the passbook and the account are only one month old.  The update was at inception and exactly one month later with the machine.  My 100,000 baht deposit was not entered in the passbook but was in the account statement and entered as a foreign transfer.

Because that was used to open account?

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Do you use the Bangkok Bank online and/or phone app in order to know what's going in and out of your accounts?

Yes, I just wanted to know what actually goes into the passport, in particular my 65K foreign deposits.

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

No you miss it i have joint ATM card blue book account and a ATM card blue book account in my name only for 1 year extensions.

Sorry - reread and noted you were talking about another account but too slow to get the edit out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, AAArdvark said:

Yes, I just wanted to know what actually goes into the passport, in particular my 65K foreign deposits.

Foreign deposits (all deposits) will be entered in passbook - the foreign will have FTT code.  But for extensions they will likely require a one year bank statement anyhow (obtained from brank branch) which will also have all the information.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Foreign deposits (all deposits) will be entered in passbook - the foreign will have FTT code.  But for extensions they will likely require a one year bank statement anyhow (obtained from brank branch) which will also have all the information.

But mine were not entered in the passbook but was in the statement (online).

2 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

No, it was done about two weeks later.  

You did yourself at an ATM passbook update machine?  If gave to teller they might have just updated current balance for you.  If done yourself indeed it should have that transaction.  But as said immigration key on annual bank statement as many passbook do not get updated often enough not to have entries missing.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

why not use the apps?

Oh they are not secure will be yoLur answer. 

No need really ATM is in village, my bank is 14 kilos away in new city but only go there once a year for letter. ????

I have UK credit card and UK online banking, keep money with Wise site I'm happy with my set up. 

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

No need really ATM is in village, my bank is 14 kilos away in new city but only go there once a year for letter. ????

I have UK credit card and UK online banking, keep money with Wise site I'm happy with my set up. 

No ATM in my village. Nearest one is, you guessed it, 14 km away, next to 7 11. Bank is 35 km away, next to makro  & Lotus, so I go every week.

11 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

No ATM in my village. Nearest one is, you guessed it, 14 km away, next to 7 11. Bank is 35 km away, next to makro  & Lotus, so I go every week.

Yeah understand,  I forgot to say my Mrs does the app thingy with water, lecky, d.tac, AIS internet payments.

At ATM every 4 weeks when my UK pension comes to our joint account  I transfer to her bank amount needed.

I use my computer to do the wise transfers when or if required. 

I use ATM card to get money if i need it as well from my 1 year extension money account. 

I don't have money kept tied up anymore I keep it all accessible for my wife to get at if anything happens to me.

10 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Not necessarily.  I use Wise which asks me in a drop down menu what the transfer is for. Pick long stay funds from it and it appears on my BBL account statements and Passbook as a foreign transfer in. It also takes longer to reach my BBL account, a day or so. I think this is done by Wise directly with BBL. Pick living expenses or sending money to family and it appears as a transfer from other ( Thai ) bank which I think is actually Dee Money and usually except for week ends and Thai bank holidays it is there in seconds. Don't know how it works for the other options in the Wise drop down menu.

I used to use BBL London branch, a service only offered to BBL Thai account holders. I recall those always appeared as a foreign transfer but it may have depended on whether I chose the option of the BBL London branch exchanging to baht then sending or whether I chose the option to send in GB£ with my Thai BBL branch doing the conversion. Either took about or a little over 24 hrs and no movement at weekends.

Wise is hard to beat on exchange rate but their fee is a % of the amount being exchanged.  With BBL London branch I think there was a fixed fee no matter the amount, and the exchange rate offered  converting  in London was worse than with the Thai branch.

8 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Not necessarily.

If it is a foreign deposit (SWIFT and such) it will be listed as Foreign.  Wise is not a foreign deposit but a local bank transfer so if you do not have account tagged or select long stay in Thailand it will only be listed as foreign if the transfer account used is within Bangkok Bank (that is one of their standing accounts).