How long did it take you to get a good social life? And how did you do it?

sidjameson

8 hours ago, Woof999 said:

I hadn't considered that as an alternative, but if you believe in the afterlife then many new (and old) friends could be waiting.

They say Dying is very satisfying , And it's Permanent. 

Just waiting now till it's My time to find out.

Edited by digger70

12 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Don't speak Thai and don't mix with Expats.

I will NEVER learn Thai!!!!  Never talk to those horrible expats!!!!!   Great attitude in Thailand, you must be a great friend!!!!!!

Triggers me to even see farangs posting about Thailand, I hope I never meet anyone here!!!!!  I'll never look at another farang again and If I have to speak one word of Thai I'll ........................................well.............................I"ll move to China and ever, every speak Chinese!!!!!!!!!!  

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, JustThisOnePostOnly said:

I am blessed to have spent my life on the computer, I think.  It is as engaging a life as I could ever hope for.  I can sit here and gaze out my balcony at the beach below, and then go back to whatever I'm doing on the computer, and almost always when I go to bed I feel the day is well spent.

Reminds me of my last year in LOS. I was living in an hotel off Loi Kroh in Chiang Mai.

My day consisted of Thai Visa forum, tv news channels ( mainly Fox as it was the most entertaining ), tv movies and cheap DVDs from local market.

I did try the local bar beer group, but it was too boring to bother with.

The most exciting thing I did was going to the mall to see a movie.

All in all, a quiet, uneventful life- bliss.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, digger70 said:

They say Dying is very satisfying , And it's Permanent. 

Just waiting now till it's My time to find out.

Dying holds no fears for me- we all die, so there isn't any reason to be fearful.

What does scare me is dying slowly in a great deal of pain, but hopefully euthanasia will be available for me if I end up like that.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

expats or sexpats (real name) come here so nobody sees what they are doing!!!!   sickoes.  

having friends might mean people know!!!  never met a farang with more than 1 friend.   never.  

I have zero farang friends, love Pattaya, and me and my Thai friends drink all night and don't say a word!!!!

livin the life.   

you want a social life, that stuff is for back home!!!   here is for the super loners.

they say friends are the most important things in life...............but friends don't let friends be sexpats.

so no to friends.

lol 

Cheers!

I was assuming that the OP's intentions were referencing Farang friends/company [our own kind????] Expected and typical. 

I've never sought out company or companions of this circle.......or their hangouts/gathering places. 

I'll stay with the local savages, as the stimulation tends to be on the real and connected side. 

35 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You seem overly concerned about farangs that don't conform to your druthers.

It's their concern if they don't want to associate with farangs, and you don't get to tell anyone what to do.

Do whatever you want to do and let others do likewise- you'll feel better for it.

Here were my OBVIOUS questions, so pay attention I'll write slow: 

1.  Why come on this forum just to be negative and tell us you don't like farangs.   That makes no sense!!!!

2.  I'm making them ask themselves the question, "Why am I (they) screaming for attention?"  Seems like they actually want many farang friends and can't handle it.

3.  I'm having them ask themselves, "Is this is a normal post?  Oh, no.  So, why am I (them) posting such negativity????"  Obviously, they are miserable.

So then I do my hyperbole and make fun at them as some don't seem to get it!!!!

FARANGS, never read my messages and stay away from me!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1