When you had a terminal diagnosis

georgegeorgia

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If I'm anything to go by, when you get to 77 you'll want to die.

I really hate being old, and forgetful. The idea of being imprisoned living in one of those ghastly "rest homes" and being parked in front of daytime tv because they don't have enough staff to care for the patients properly fills me with horror.

I moved to Thailand at 67, now 80, have wonderful Thai lady who takes the best care of me. I too dreaded moving into a nursing home in Australia with all the blue haired old ladies.

4 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

I honestly don't feel like alcohol lately

If you don't feel like it then don't drink it.

But if I would be terminal ill and if I would love alcohol then I would just drink it. What difference does it make if I die from the terminal illness or a few days earlier because I was also drinking.

Lucky for me, alcohol is not important for me. Sometimes I drink a lot in one evening, but sometimes I don't drink for weeks - simply because I don't feel the urge to drink. 

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The idea of being imprisoned living in one of those ghastly "rest homes" and being parked in front of daytime tv

i visited a nursing home where an elderly person was staying.

those places are sad. 

read instead of watching TV all day like a zombie like most of those folks do.

also, take up other hobbies.

keep exercising. 

stay active physically and mentally. 

Edited by save the frogs

Almost got the terminal. After a colonoscopy at the general in Leicester went back for the results. Nurse took me into the Drs room, sat me on one of those examination couches and stayed with me. I could hear two Drs in the next room off talking about how serious this case was and probably terminal but what they would try and do in surgery. Must have looked shaken as the nurse asked me if I was alright. After a few minutes one came into the room, picked up a folder and said well good news nothing except a few polyps, see you next time. Of course I thought they had been talking about me all the time, what a relief.

• Haha 1

About 12 years ago I got the diagnosis prostate cancer Gleason Score 8 and they performed a total prostatectomy using a surgical robot.

I thought this was something like "terminal", but as you see I am still here - which is unusual. So in rare cases you cannot be sure even if the doctors tell you otherwise. So do not be too quick.

But if it would be really terminal (for me it could be a chemical relapse, this can be detected easily) then I would search for methods to leave this world as painful as possible and especially as undisturbed as possible. The Flying Brigade does not fit into that scheme since the final condition of the very subtle mind has profound implications on your rebirth (just skip that if you dont believe it - its true anyway)

So which club I would have to enter ? Fortunately I have as well a cardiomyopaty (weak heart with EF below 27). This could result in a Heart Attack or sudden stop of the heart. Whish me luck !

• Sad 1