Foreign Tourist Drowns in Strong Waves at Pattaya Sea

webfact

19 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Ok here is a challenge for you,,,,,,Take a light swim off Pattaya beach in the area where this guy was........And let us know how dangerous it was.......I have been there many times, and I give the ocean there a risk factor of almost zero...

But you'd be wrong, as evidenced by the OP!

17 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Perhaps they had but they were strong enough at the time to kill the poor bloke involved.   

No evidence that so called strong waves were to blame, by the description in the full story it is more like he had a heart attack.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LennyW said:

No evidence that so called strong waves were to blame, by the description in the full story it is more like he had a heart attack.

There was no suggestion in the link of a heart attack being the cause.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

6 hours ago, redwood1 said:

It is almost impossible to drown in the ocean off Pattaya.....I will go so far to say it is impossible....

The ocean gets very gradually deeper.....There is no rip tide....You have unlimited opportunity to retun to more shallow water at any time......

You would need a medical condition in order to drown..

A child could drown....But a adult....Nope....

Complete nonsense, it is very easy to drown in the ocean. Even if the water is not that deep, one could get cramps too, I had this once in a normal pool and could barely get to the side.

Aside of so many other factors or things that can play, could even get a heart attack while swimming and people just think you drown regular.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

On 3/20/2023 at 6:19 AM, redwood1 said:

It is almost impossible to drown in the ocean off Pattaya.....I will go so far to say it is impossible....

The ocean gets very gradually deeper.....There is no rip tide....You have unlimited opportunity to retun to more shallow water at any time......

You would need a medical condition in order to drown..

A child could drown....But a adult....Nope....

Maybe he was an American and identified as a child.

A few years ago now, there were some people who would walk out on the pontoons that mark the swimming area. Some of them falling off the pontoons panicked and drown. My point being if someone who can't swim still puts themselves in that situation, then you can't help them or warn them. The Darwin awards is a real thing.

On 3/20/2023 at 3:07 AM, webfact said:

near the Nipa Lodge intersection

Amazing that a name that vanished decades ago is still in their minds.

Better known as the Pattaya Klang (Central rd.) T-junction.