Chinese Ambassador Says Thailand Can Expect More Chinese Tourists

webfact

16 hours ago, ppppjjjj said:

I'm I missing something. In January Phuket's average daily arrival of Chinese tourists reaching 20,000 according to the article which is 600,000 in a month. Now it will surge to 300,000 for the whole of Thailand in April. 

Doesn't add up to me, numbers are made up.

Thai officials don’t really understand numbers. Look up Dyscalculia..

16 hours ago, ppppjjjj said:

I'm I missing something. In January Phuket's average daily arrival of Chinese tourists reaching 20,000 according to the article which is 600,000 in a month. Now it will surge to 300,000 for the whole of Thailand in April. 

Doesn't add up to me, numbers are made up.

This is based on a so-called “Thai” calculation and logic, where 300.000 is A LOT and 20.000 is much less.

Just leave it at that. No need to think more about it ????

Edited by khunpa

Well it looks like Phuket is going to get crowded with the Russians buying up all the property 

Now the Chinese tourists coming in their thousands we should be reading 

About hotels restaurants making  full and making a fortune  ???? ???? 

Happy days are here again 

20 hours ago, ezzra said:

Oh, how lovely now, more Chinese tourists, warms the cockles of my heart.

Fantastic: just what everyone in Thailand wants. Hoards of Chinese buying up condo's in Thailand. OR is is Chiland. Been to many restaurants and when there are groups of Chinese around the buffet they bring bags to nick the eggs,  sweet potatoes and what ever they can fleece. Unbelievable.

4 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Thankfully, we will not be seeing any of them near Surin. ( I hope ).

I think you will be safe mate.

Marrying Issan girls and building them houses in the sticks and looking after their families isnt really the done thing with the Chinese tourists.

Mostly Brits and European single males who are into all that where you will find quite a few up that way. Especially the four provinces that border Cambodia, Ubon, Sri Saket, Surin and Buriram with the darker skin that the Chinese dont desire.

Farang jai dee.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

Wellington boot sales should sky rocket in Thailand, with the filthy b#st#rd* gobbing everywhere. Horrible folk.

Yep agree !! oysters of all varieties and colors strewn on the side walk by men and women from just about every orifice. VILE. A hazard should you slip on one when walking. Irky dirty tur*s.

1 hour ago, terryofcrete said:

Sadly , the Chinese invasion is just another addition to the reasons not to visit Phuket.  

Up until last year I’d forsaken Phuket in favour of Ko Lanta. However with Covid still prominent I figured Lanta would be completely dead this time last year and went to Phuket which proved wise (cheap and un crowded). I reckoned Lanta would still be lacking this year so plumped for Phuket one more time… If anyone has recent reports of Lanta I’d be interested to hear although too late for me to change now given I leave for Phuket tomorrow .