Would one be safe in Pattaya ??

banglay

15 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Everyone has a right to opinion, particularly about what Russia is doing in Ukraine. Does it disturb you that people are "raging against Russia"? It's as if you think they have no right to?

They can say whatever they like within the rules, but IMO they are wanting other people to go fight and die with some of the more OTT posts.

I served, so I was prepared to go fight in my generations war if I had to. Actually I was next to go when it ended, which disappointed me at the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/21/2023 at 11:43 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

My Thai gf was wearing it once at the time when the USA invaded Iraq. She received lot of bad looks from all those holy Americans... 

I bet she was vindicated once they found all those "weapons pf Mass Destruction"......

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/21/2023 at 10:29 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Out of interest, why would you wear it?

Most people won't recognize it.

Maybe Russian will recognize it and some will agree and some wont. Do you want to discuss this with them? Or do you want that they feel bad about their leader?

And maybe people from Ukraine will recognize it. Do you think they will say: Finally someone supports us, everybody else likes Russia? Or what?

What's the point?

Why come to Thailand and try to stir trouble? Stay home. 

• Like 1

Why provoke aggro just wear a plain T shirt. Relax and enjoy your life no one gives a toss about your political views. Be careful you may run into one or two drunken Russians and there's some pretty big geezas out there 

On 3/21/2023 at 10:31 AM, dddave said:

Not so fast

Not so fast.  There are a LOT of Russians about and while I have seen no chauvinistic displays (flags on T-shirts, etc.) on their part, there have been a number of reports of people in clubs wearing gear showing Ukrainian support that have been confronted by angry Russians.  

Like it or not, Pattaya is neutral ground.  Why be provocative?

Even though I'm disgusted with the Russians for invading Ukraine, I personally wouldn't wear a T shirt saying so. However, I have loads of admiration for those that have the courage of their convictions and wear them supporting Ukraine. 

• Like 2

Firstly dont wear T Shirts etc in a foreign country. As for Pattaya keep to the main roads, don't walk along the beach after 10 pm. Avoid the scams, relax you're on a holiday. Walk everywhere, no motor bikes, jet ski's etc. Most guys are here for the beer and birds, stick to that and you'll never be at risk. PS : keep away from ATM's.

23 minutes ago, NONG CHOK said:

Firstly dont wear T Shirts etc in a foreign country.

What? why? That's all I wear.

As for Pattaya keep to the main roads,

Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world. I walk down any road at any time and have never had a problem.

don't walk along the beach after 10 pm.

On the beach itself, I'd agree but Pattaya's beach road is very busy into the wee hours. The street is bristling with CCTV cameras.

Avoid the scams, relax you're on a holiday. Walk everywhere, no motor bikes, jet ski's etc.

Good advice.

Most guys are here for the beer and birds, stick to that and you'll never be at risk. PS : keep away from ATM's.

What's the problem with ATM's?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ozimoron said:

What? why? That's all I wear.

Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world. I walk down any road at any time and have never had a problem.

On the beach itself, I'd agree but Pattaya's beach road is very busy into the wee hours. The street is bristling with CCTV cameras.

Good advice.

What's the problem with ATM's?

Firstly when I stated T Shirts I mean't T Shirts which others might find offensive. There's so many self righteous screw balls getting around these days carrying all sorts of concealled weapons especially late at night. Secondly my ATM remark was tongue in check when the bar girl of your fancy is tagging along at your heels avoid ATM's. I had strict rules when I got here 20 years ago. Keep to the main roads and sois, don't flash jewellery etc. Avoid sois where there's no night lights. Get a Bolt taxi if it's very late or if you're hammered.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/21/2023 at 11:28 AM, Pouatchee said:

Stupid attention seeking OP.

Who cares and why do you care what people here think?

Do you ask what color underwear you should wear with your pink socks?

Do people wear underwear? Why? I haven't owned a pair since 30 years ago. 

• Confused 1