Patong nightlife takes a hit after underage prostitution scandal

snoop1130

On 3/22/2023 at 12:42 PM, jingjai9 said:

I suspect a lot of the energy behind this crusade against underage sex workers by the Thai police is to be sure Thailand receives a good report from the American sponsored agency that monitors Trafficking of People (TIP). The agency rates each country  according to its efforts to stop domestic trafficking. They release an annual report and rate each country.

When the new government came to power in 2014, I believe Thailand received level three. They have since risen to a level 2. I understand The US will recommend sanctions against countries who they feel are not making adequate effort to combat human trafficking, not to mention publishing the name of suspect countries around the world. 

Correct.  They even plug the misleading words into the headlines of new articles to fit the American agenda.  Thais will do anything to please America!  The funny thing, however, is that Thailand has been trying for nearly ten years to improve their TIP ranking with very little success.  Little do they know that America is playing them like a fiddle.  They should limit their business with China and/or open a few US military basis in Thailand, then watch how their TIP ranking improves over night!

• Like 1