Teacher attacks primary students - investigative committee set up

webfact

8 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Stand back lads. 

A big man is here. 

Not a big man but brave enough to defuse idiots like this abuser…I don't need the authorities to handle abuse like this.

You can not imagine what can a man do for the safety of their children.

Edited by Tarteso
  • Like 2

The teacher and school director should be given 20 strokes of the cane on the soles of their feet, then told to run 100 meters.

Dont run quick enough, lay another 20 strokes on them.

The message will sink in pretty quick.

Let the whole punishment be televised for slow learners

"capital punishment, also called death penalty, execution of an offender sentenced to death after conviction by a court of law of a criminal offense. Capital punishment should be distinguished from extrajudicial executions carried out without due process of law."

I read here the "many" replies to this topic of foreigners with words as "Capital punishment", "Give the teacher 30 cannings to his grown", etc.

But has any of them think twice about their reply?

Agree, the punishment by the teacher was "over the top", but what do you prefer?

A punishment by a teacher to show the little prat that he did go a little bit too far or and up a few years later in jail because nobody teached the little prat how to behave?

I see many children, boys and girls, without respect for the law, the environment, their own parents, etc. and ended up being smashed in a traffic accident or end up in jail.

All this because punishment by teachers are forbidden and being punished by their own parents can end up bringing you in shallow waters.

The children of today are cultivated without respect for anything and they think they can go away with that (till the day that they and up in court).

How many children of today would do house work like we did?
Emptying the cesspool with buckets into the garden?

I can understand the Thai mentality to accept to punish their chidren in school when they behave like spoiled brats.

After all, Thai children are raised up to take care of their elders when they are not capable to take care for themselves anymore.

Name it a "Social Security System".

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I read here the "many" replies to this topic of foreigners with words as "Capital punishment", "Give the teacher 30 cannings to his grown", etc.

Agree, the punishment by the teacher was "over the top", but what do you prefer?

Something which does physically injure children !!!!... 

A punishment by a teacher to show the little prat that he did go a little bit too far or and up a few years later in jail because nobody teached the little prat how to behave?

They're kids... ALL kids go too far.. thats part and parcel of being a child, you think beating children for being children is acceptable ????....   thats an evil world !!! 

There are not violent ways to bring children into line that also doesn’t teach them violence is the answer. 

I see many children, boys and girls, without respect for the law, the environment, their own parents, etc. and ended up being smashed in a traffic accident or end up in jail.

The LAW ???.... They are children !!!...  they need guidance from responsible adults. 

IF the adults around them are not responsible that is the adult fault.

But, that does not mean violence can be condoned. 

All this because punishment by teachers are forbidden and being punished by their own parents can end up bringing you in shallow waters.

WRONG...  Assault by teachers is forbidden... read again.. Assault - any time a child is deliberately physically hurt, harmed or injured by an adult it is assault, nothing less. 

No one is suggesting parents do not play a roll in the discipline of their children, what is being said is that there is no place for violence in this process. 

The children of today are cultivated without respect for anything and they think they can go away with that (till the day that they and up in court).

???? No they are not, not at all... the vast majority of Children are perfectly respectful and well behaved.... You are picking up on a few reports or have seen a few kids messing around and projected that all kids are bad - thats wholly unintelligent and the realm of a miserable old fart !!....    There is nothing wrong with high spirits in children... 

Wow - boomer alert again !!!......     did you grow up in the 1800’s ??? emptying the cesspool with buckets ???....  You want to expose kids to a greater risk of disease, boomer ????

I can understand the Thai mentality to accept to punish their chidren in school when they behave like spoiled brats.

I don’t see Thai kids behaving like spoiled brats any more than I see western kids playing up. 

Kids are just being kids, most are great, a minority can be a headache. 

Its just like those of an older generation... Some are quite understanding... others are miserable old boomers !!!

After all, Thai children are raised up to take care of their elders when they are not capable to take care for themselves anymore.

Many of my Western friends were also raised that way - it just depends what sort of family you grew up in...

But if all an elderly person is going to do is complain about noisy, annoying, unruly kids then they it would be understood why those kids want nothing to do with the miserable elders !!!... 

To summarise Confucius... you’ve made the type of rant a miserable old boomer would without recognising the realities of the perfectly normal world around you - kids are just kids and this subject is about a ’teacher’ assaulting a child because he became mad and used his position of relative power to try and justify this assault. 

On 3/22/2023 at 1:25 PM, Tarteso said:

I will tell you who’s the Boss if you touch a single hair of my son or daughter.

Real tough guy? When you show them who's the boss and then go to jail for being such a great father who's gonna teach your kids by example? Are your kids model students? Are you an exemplary father? 

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Love It 1

19 hours ago, kingstonkid said:
19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Some antiquated golden droplets in there... Gameboy was 33 years ago !!..

The vast majority of kids are decent, in most cases is a poor teacher who is unable to control a class.

There are of course the ‘examples’ - the kids who simply should not be there, but that is not most schools. 

I’m sure we all remember the very good teachers and those were classes in which even the worst of us didn’t mess around in. 

I do agree that a lot ‘respect’ starts at home, but if a teacher can’t maintain the respect of the students they are probably not very good teachers to begin with.

Have you ever taught in a class room orca group of kids.

No there was no capital punishment at my or my daughter's house.  I had other means of getting my point across usually loss of privilege or writing times tables 

The manner in which you ask if I have ever taught a in a class gives me the impression you to want to contradict my comments, yet your comment is in line with mine !!!... 

No, I’m not a teacher, and a do agree with your points. 

There are many means by which to get a point across without resorting to a physical response. 

A poor teacher does not have these tools in their arsenal because they are poor teachers.

At home we have numerous methods by which to manage the behaviour of our son, who is often just being a kid and doing what kids do, but he still needs to learn and as you mentioned there are privileges which can be removed. 

My son recently had a moment and broke something in the house after we’d already warned him... Such was the extremity of what had happened he was distraught, completely broken, he knew exactly his mistake and was so upset it wasn’t worth pushing the issue further... 

It was one of those lessons we all go through as a kid... I remember doing similar.

As an adult, he will look back and remember what happened - he will also remember that there was no excessive punishment as punishment was not necessary... this is in stark contrast to the kids who will grow up remember their dad beat them because of a mistake they made. 

15 hours ago, JeffersLos said:
On 3/22/2023 at 9:25 AM, Tarteso said:

I will tell you who’s the Boss if you touch a single hair of my son or daughter.

Stand back lads. 

A big man is here. 

The point he [Tarteso] makes is not wholly unjustified. 

Any teacher who lays a finger on a child must surely also be aware of possible consequences and potential parental repercussions of doing so - It surprises me that teachers who behave in this manner are not strung up !!! 

At the risk of being accused of being a ‘keyboard warrior’ or a 'big-man’ I know how far I would go and what I would do if a teacher ever took to physically disciplining my son - I’m sure many feel the same.  

I am also aware of how ’some’ Thai Schools have antiquated cultures surrounding the education and discipline of children and the lack of freedoms and individuality they are afforded - this is why my son will never end up in such an environment.

But, many parents cannot afford to have their children placed in ‘better educational environments’ and this is where both parents and the authorities come into the fray and where attitudes must change. 

Parents do need to take a role in the discipline of their children and there are many weaknesses with this, in some (very few) children I see the results parents who are incapable of disciplining their children - but this is where the school has to step up in a professional manner that does not include a violent response.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

Real tough guy? When you show them who's the boss and then go to jail for being such a great father who's gonna teach your kids by example? Are your kids model students? Are you an exemplary father? 

Who talks about violence or going to jail ?.  There are many ways to intelligently solve a problem like this.  I don't consider myself an exemplary father either, but I can make sure that idiots like this one, regrets abusing a son at school.

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

What you just wrote is sick. 

41 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

But, many parents cannot afford to have their children placed in ‘better educational environments’ and this is where both parents and the authorities come into the fray and where attitudes must change. 

Parents do need to take a role in the discipline of their children and there are many weaknesses with this, in some (very few) children I see the results parents who are incapable of disciplining their children - but this is where the school has to step up in a professional manner that does not include a violent response.

You seem to forget WHERE you are.
This is THAILAND, a third world country with third world people and education.
Most of these "parents" are brought up under the same system.
Be obedient, don't question anything, have respect for your family no matter what, have respect for the religion and the religious, etc.
Most of the "parents" have grown up in the rice fields in a temple school where they have been teached primarely the religion.
I live already more than 2 decades here and have seen enough of this.
Even in International schools, the Thai students were crammed with 60+ in a class room, not being allowed to ask anything, and if they were required to go to the teacher, they were required to walk on their knees with their head bowed down and not look up.
Nothing has changed in 2 decades.
Keeping the masses dumb is the first rule of every country to thrive.
Of course, you are always free to send your children to a school in the USA where they are shot with an AK47 or any other automatic rifle from time to time ...

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Something which does physically injure children !!!!... 

They're kids... ALL kids go too far.. thats part and parcel of being a child, you think beating children for being children is acceptable ????....   thats an evil world !!! 

There are not violent ways to bring children into line that also doesn’t teach them violence is the answer. 

The LAW ???.... They are children !!!...  they need guidance from responsible adults. 

IF the adults around them are not responsible that is the adult fault.

But, that does not mean violence can be condoned. 

WRONG...  Assault by teachers is forbidden... read again.. Assault - any time a child is deliberately physically hurt, harmed or injured by an adult it is assault, nothing less. 

No one is suggesting parents do not play a roll in the discipline of their children, what is being said is that there is no place for violence in this process. 

???? No they are not, not at all... the vast majority of Children are perfectly respectful and well behaved.... You are picking up on a few reports or have seen a few kids messing around and projected that all kids are bad - thats wholly unintelligent and the realm of a miserable old fart !!....    There is nothing wrong with high spirits in children... 

Wow - boomer alert again !!!......     did you grow up in the 1800’s ??? emptying the cesspool with buckets ???....  You want to expose kids to a greater risk of disease, boomer ????

I don’t see Thai kids behaving like spoiled brats any more than I see western kids playing up. 

Kids are just being kids, most are great, a minority can be a headache. 

Its just like those of an older generation... Some are quite understanding... others are miserable old boomers !!!

Many of my Western friends were also raised that way - it just depends what sort of family you grew up in...

But if all an elderly person is going to do is complain about noisy, annoying, unruly kids then they it would be understood why those kids want nothing to do with the miserable elders !!!... 

To summarise Confucius... you’ve made the type of rant a miserable old boomer would without recognising the realities of the perfectly normal world around you - kids are just kids and this subject is about a ’teacher’ assaulting a child because he became mad and used his position of relative power to try and justify this assault. 

To make it clear, I DONT CONDONE BEATING ANYONE.
Children or mature persons.
I am raised as a good Catholic with the mind that we are not entitled to decide what is good or wrong.

By the way, I make a difference between "slapping" somebody and "BEATING" somebody.
A slap with the hand doesn't have to be violent to make your point.
It's sort of what the Koran says about punishing a woman.
"You are allowed to punish a woman, but only by using the bare hands and not leaving any marks."
I lost count of the times I slapped somebody in a friendly way and get slapped my self with a smile.

They are kids and kids like to play.
Sometimes without knowing what is acceptable and what is not.
When they are going "too far", they should be made aware of that before it turns into anarchy.

There is also a BIG difference in punishing a child in Kindergarten age and punishing a child in Secunday school.
The children in Secondary school are not "Children" anymore in my books and many Western countries threath them as adults when it comes to a punishment..

They need guidance from the adults?
I can tell from that that you are a foreigner and don't know that you are in THAILAND, a third world country.
The adults have never had any education besides being obedient to their religion and their superiors.
Why don't you go back to your country where everything is soo nice?
OK, from time to time there is a big shooting with AK47 and automatic rifles leaving dozens of kids and teachers dead, but that is due to "their adults" who are responsible.

Sure, the vast majority of the "children" with age for secunday school are good citizens, driving in a motorbike with a helmet and having a drivers license and insurance.
That's why there are every year 26,000+ deaths on the roads and over 1 million othere maimed severely.
I see daily 8 year old "children" driving a motorbike with 3 or more passengers without helmets or insurance.
But that's all due to their "adults" who leave it to the authorities (AKA Police) to punish them to make 20 push-ups.

Now, I grew up in the '50's.
We, like many others, had a little hut in the yard with a heart carved on the door where everybody went to do their services.
In spring time, everybody got a bucket to dig up the <deleted> and spread into the garden.
That was "normal" at these times.
By the way, the first REAL toilet as we are used now, came into our houses in the '70's, but there was no real connection to any drain until the mid '70's.
We use to call them "English toilets".

To finish my "rant", I grew as a Music Teacher.
I had always dreamed to be a teacher and finally made it.
One day, a fellow teacher, was taken away by the Police on the accusation of having sex with a girl on the school.
The life of the poor guy was completely shattered.
His wife and children believed the accusations and started a divorce with the interdiction to visit his own children.
To keep a long story short, he comitted suicide a few months later.
AFTER his suicide, the girl (14 years) admitted that she made the story up because of a bad examen result.

Nice "children"?

55 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

By the way, I make a difference between "slapping" somebody and "BEATING" somebody.
A slap with the hand doesn't have to be violent to make your point.
It's sort of what the Koran says about punishing a woman.
"You are allowed to punish a woman, but only by using the bare hands and not leaving any marks."

Ok... do you go around ‘making your point’ to other adults ? (a slap with the hand)... :whistling:

So, why would it ever be acceptable to make your point to children with a slap to the hand ?

As for any of your other points...  you’re swinging all over the place with what ranges from a strange and off-topic rant to being totally unhinged... 

It seems you think child getting smacked by a teacher is acceptable... 

It seems you think a husband smacking his wife is acceptable, but only bare hands and only if he doesn't leave a mark....

I’m at a loss for words to be honest.....  a philosopher on ethics, good behavior, and moral character you most certainly are not !!! ????

Why don't you go back to your country where everything is soo nice?

This is a point I’d like to address: You suggest I go home to my country because I have an opinion against teachers in Thailand using physical means to punish children ?????... 

I can tell from that that you are a foreigner and don't know that you are in THAILAND, a third world country.

Respectfully... that unhinged rant suggests you are so far removed from reality I doubt there is very much of anything of any value at all that you can tell or teach, I hope I’m wrong for the sake of the students. 

6 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

I want to see which school will take this student after his rant on education ....
Maybe there will be a lot of thaivisa members that will sponsor his schooling abroad?

19 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I want to see which school will take this student after his rant on education ....
Maybe there will be a lot of thaivisa members that will sponsor his schooling abroad?

I’d like to see which school employs a teacher such as yourself who seems to believe it's acceptable to raise hand to a child or a woman....

Perhaps it is teachers such as yourself, those who find anecdote and reasons to justify physical disciplining of children that Tarteso needs to protect his children from.

No mention of the Police being called by any of the parents. 

When a female teacher smacked my boy when he was five, I showed her some photos of the marks on his body next day and explained a few things to her, she crapped her panties.

What are the parents afraid of?  They should be seeking Justice to protecting a vulnerable child from bully and violent teachers.

35 minutes ago, twizzian said:

No mention of the Police being called by any of the parents. 

When a female teacher smacked my boy when he was five, I showed her some photos of the marks on his body next day and explained a few things to her, she crapped her panties.

What are the parents afraid of?  They should be seeking Justice to protecting a vulnerable child from bully and violent teachers.

This is the only way to sort it out. 

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’d like to see which school employs a teacher such as yourself who seems to believe it's acceptable to raise hand to a child or a woman....

Perhaps it is teachers such as yourself, those who find anecdote and reasons to justify physical disciplining of children that Tarteso needs to protect his children from.

Richard, I understand your failure to read and comprehend English and I can not help you with that.

I said many times that I DON'T CONDONE BEATING WOMAN or CHILDREN.

Firstl, you are in Thailand and your ramble about muscles doesn't fit in this country.
If you want to have your culture, go to your OWN COUNTRY.
You are not in your place here.

Second, the way this boy (or his parents) handled this case has ruined his life.
The teacher will continue being a teacher.
In the same school or in another school.
But the boy will never be accepted in any school anymore and even his future will be a big question.

This is the same everywhere in the world.
You don't start to publish or sue somebody who is higher than you and who can decide of your future life.
There are other ways to settle such things.
And that doesn't include the big talk of Westerners about their "muscles".
More than enough examples on that.
Like the other US guy who was making a big story about a fruit factory.

I stop my presence in this thread here and leave it to to big westerners with their big muscles and their automatic rifles.

While I was caned in my youth at school and didn’t find it a major issue (it served it’s purpose- learn discipline) times have changed and need something more fitting.

personally I would confiscate their phones for 1 day (1st offence) and so on but you can imagine the uproar of that in modern PC society….no easy solution 

On 3/24/2023 at 7:49 AM, Confuscious said:

I said many times that I DON'T CONDONE BEATING WOMAN or CHILDREN.

Yet you are doing such a great job of contradicting yourself. 

You have indicated that hitting a child is not beating them and that children of a certain age may require such discipline...  Also, that its ok to hit a woman without leaving a mark...

On 3/24/2023 at 7:49 AM, Confuscious said:

Firstl, you are in Thailand and your ramble about muscles doesn't fit in this country.
If you want to have your culture, go to your OWN COUNTRY.
You are not in your place here.

At your first ‘if you dont like it go home’ comment in this thread I should have realised I had entered a discussion with someone of a flawed outlook....  but your ramblings read like the musings of nutcase who can’t keep track of his thoughts and wonder off topic...   Muscles and automatic rifles ???...     you’ve lost the plot. 

Edited by richard_smith237

• 4 weeks later...