Bangkok Bank Cardless Access to ATMs

On 3/24/2023 at 2:39 PM, ianguygil said:

We also have a good and an exciting Virtual Card which addresses many of the security concerns that many customers have regarding using cards online

Hi Ian, thanks for letting us know about the Virtual Card. However I got the attached error message when I tried to request a new card via the mBanking app.

I went to my nearest branch here in Bangkok but they were unable to assist as the app is apparently the sole way to generate the new card number.

I don't have a card attached to my transaction account, I cancelled it last year because of the B599 annual fee ????

Do you think this issue could be resolved if I call 1333? Otherwise I'll have to go to Pattaya where my account was created to get a physical card (the next level up from the Virtual Card, forget the name, 300 baht annual fee and MC not UP).

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide and appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule.

Screenshot_20230327_151813_BualuangM.jpg

Edited by Lemsta69

While there is the downside of being locked in to only your Bank's ATM for cardless withdrawal, so if you are in some remote place without Bangkok Bank ATM, you're screwd unless you also have the physical card which can be used on other Banks' ATM

the fact is that the same app also has mechanism for withdrawing from Bank's agent which includes 7-11 and Lotus and other place like post office, the fee is 15 baht but in an emergency should be acceptable and comparable to the out of area charge of 20 baht

Hopefully interoperability between Thai Banks' cardless withdrawal is standardized soon 

15 minutes ago, digbeth said:

While there is the downside of being locked in to only your Bank's ATM for cardless withdrawal, so if you are in some remote place without Bangkok Bank ATM, you're screwd unless you also have the physical card which can be used on other Banks' ATM

the fact is that the same app also has mechanism for withdrawing from Bank's agent which includes 7-11 and Lotus and other place like post office, the fee is 15 baht but in an emergency should be acceptable and comparable to the out of area charge of 20 baht

Hopefully interoperability between Thai Banks' cardless withdrawal is standardized soon 

Probably a good idea to have more than 1 bank account, i have 3 cardless withdrawal options

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 11:49 AM, digbeth said:

I'll hope along with you, but I don't see the banks wanting to give up the extra card fees. 

Unless one typically walks around with only a few hundred baht in their pocket, iss hard to imagine a situation where one would be desperate to find a bank ATM. 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

I'll hope along with you, but I don't see the banks wanting to give up the extra card fees. 

Unless one typically walks around with only a few hundred baht in their pocket, iss hard to imagine a situation where one would be desperate to find a bank ATM. 

Krunthai Bank just announce that they'll start levying fee for cardless withdrawal in May, only 1 free withdrawal per month for the first few months, looks like other banks could soon follow, 

I guess they want to drive market trader to move to QR codes to accept transfer and collect tax

Which is fine, last month I spent some time travelling to some minor amphur down south and only needed cash once or twice, most traders seem to don't mind QR transfer