Immigration extortion of Chinese businessman: Region 1 chief and deputy "transferred to inactive duties"

webfact

Let's face facts here only Chinese business men or woman are CCP ???????? fronted & Owned businesses simple as that ,,, Love the Thai inactive Post still getting paid???????????? go operate elsewhere for while . No example for Cronnies or top head honchos Gov? are ever made ???? & ???? , little bit of prison ⏲️ is out of the or be it the Bangkok Hilton Bang Kwang ! they get shanked for sure ? Only exclusive golf Club term .. 

Edited by Mad mick

HAHA! I have to chuckle at this.... "Several civilian agents are also being investigated in the latest scandal to hit the RTP."

"LATEST scandal"...... They are basically saying the RTP are as corrupt as the criminals they are sworn to protect the public from. So sad!!! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RandiRona said:

If they want to stop corruption in Immigration, move transactions online. Face to face interaction allows them to fleece expats.

Online actually makes corruption easier.  People can submit false documents.  Face to face is the best way.  I am willing to bet that there are more honest staff than on the take.

Like anything this is going to take a change in mentality.  More like this as well as stings will resolve a lot but it has to be done in all section of the government 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Four deputies are now in the criminal justice system - three were shown sullen and cuffed in the back of a vehicle - after the shakedown in the Chaeng Wattana and Din Daeng areas of Bangkok earlier this month.

And they thought they were above the law and could do anything they wanted to.. even extortion.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

In latest developments the accused men's commander and deputy have now been told to report to IB HQ in what is universally regarded as inactive duties or paper shuffling.

Their transfer will continue indefinitely as the criminal case and further investigation at the Immigration Bureau continues apace.

They should be sacked immediately, loose all pension rights and be in remand until the case puts them behind bars.

Time to get tough.

• Like 2

If they keep finding corruption in police there will be lots of defaults on car loans and home loans coming unless they raise the salary of all.   

Seems all you need to do is examine the finances of 100 each of random police and immigration officers to find what % are in the take.  I bet a high % are relying on extra income for house and car payments.   And this means the bank loan officers are ok with this.   My wife has basically said it's everywhere so people just accept it as normal.   But it seems like she is seeing the light. 

4 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

HAHA! I have to chuckle at this.... "Several civilian agents are also being investigated in the latest scandal to hit the RTP."

"LATEST scandal"...... They are basically saying the RTP are as corrupt as the criminals they are sworn to protect the public from. So sad!!! 

Not just immigration but agents, and how many agents are tied at the hip to certain I/O's

I used to date a rich Chinese woman in KK. Her family was very wealthy. She hated the Thai police. Daily she would say they were nothing but criminals.  Forcing protection money from them for their businesses.  She hated them so much she even drove me by the captains house and would say my family helped pay for that Benz and house.  The "Joke" is not even touching the tip of the iceberg. Nice to see, but this guy is just a publicity hound IMHO.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

And they thought they were above the law and could do anything they wanted to.. even extortion.

For the vast majority and for the vast majority of the time they certainly are. And this hasn’t played out to any real or demonstrable sanction yet either. There are long odds against this ultimately happening in this case too when examining precedent.

• Like 1

The corruption works best face to face. Last year, for example, I discovered that a receipt for a fine (late reporting for 90 day) costs 1000 baht. With a receipt - 2000 baht, don't want a receipt - 1000 baht. (Pretty sure the 1000 didn't go anywhere near the government funds thought)

I haven't seen any news report on this.... but the question arises... did the head of Thai Immigration get booted and replaced with a now "acting" new flunkie?....

Because, a week ago, this guy below, Sajjaphan, supposedly was the current head of Immigration:

Screenshot_2.jpg.64d4f7c01a355ce32c0aea322ec70587.jpg

And then almost a week later in this current thread's report, we have:

"Siam Rath reported an order from acting immigration chief Pol Maj-Gen Phanumas Bunyalak..."

The only prior mention I can find on AseanNow of this Bunyalak guy is from a tech police related article from two years ago....

Did the almost daily toll of Immigration scandals and bad news finally take its toll on Immigration's leadership? And yet another transfer to place or places unknown?