Immigration extortion of Chinese businessman: Region 1 chief and deputy "transferred to inactive duties"

webfact

On 3/24/2023 at 10:35 AM, RandiRona said:

If they want to stop corruption in Immigration, move transactions online. Face to face interaction allows them to fleece expats.

Let's hope all money will be digital in the future, no more corruption and brown envelopes.  

If they want to stop corruption in Immigration, move transactions online. Face to face interaction allows them to fleece expats.

You mean like the 90 days report online who work once a year if you are lucky?

I've never had any problems with immigration. Just show up with all the required documents in order.

From what I glean on here is that problems occur when people either don't or won't understand what documents and conditions are needed. 

On 3/24/2023 at 1:16 PM, HuskerDo2 said:

HAHA! I have to chuckle at this.... "Several civilian agents are also being investigated in the latest scandal to hit the RTP."

"LATEST scandal"...... They are basically saying the RTP are as corrupt as the criminals they are sworn to protect the public from. So sad!!! 

Guess who the biggest organized criminal syndicate in Thailand are?

On 3/24/2023 at 9:37 PM, Flink said:

The corruption works best face to face. Last year, for example, I discovered that a receipt for a fine (late reporting for 90 day) costs 1000 baht. With a receipt - 2000 baht, don't want a receipt - 1000 baht. (Pretty sure the 1000 didn't go anywhere near the government funds thought)

Thailand is the only country in the world who have a 90 days report policy. (I did a google search)

I believe it's made to get more money from foreigners who forget to report, especially older people with alzheimer or bad memory.

If a foreigner staying in the Kingdom over 90 days without notifying the immigration bureau or notifying the immigration bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000 Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.

On 3/25/2023 at 9:23 PM, Caldera said:

The number of rotten apples in immigration is mind-blowing. 

Is there any apples left that is not rotten? I have never met anybody so far in my 30 years living in LOS.

I always get this line at the immigration when applying for 1 year visa : "Your paperwork is not complete Mr. Falang, but I kan help you".

I guess most of you guys have heard this before.