Ex-PM Thaksin vows to return to Thailand post-election, face jail time

webfact

On 3/25/2023 at 1:17 PM, glegolo18 said:

You learn all this sentences in the PC-school I guess... I was here and saw the "so close civilwar" it was 2014 before the military intervene and stopped all that <deleted> between the yellow and the red....

Thailand have had a serious social development since 2014 if you compare, if you CAN compare?? The people have not at all been suffering that is pure <deleted> talk... 

I withhold keep Thaksin outside Thailand, and do NOT let this <deleted> in here... It will be spilled blood... If you cant see that...#"#¤%¤#¤

If you are not Thai, you can't vote so shut the <deleted> up 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dont confuse me said:

I've actually taken the time to read a lot of posts!

I wonder if someone with greater knowledge than me could answer the following:-

Name one leader of Thailand who hasn't been corrupt? 

Those who see this as an opportunity to 'bang on' about other leaders, please read the post again!

Have a great weekend one and all.

They've all been corrupt.  At least the ones that are voted in can be voted out.  You can't say that about the military "leaders".  I use "leaders" because we aren't allowed to use the proper term.

• Like 1

"Former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said Friday he is ready to return and serve his prison term in Thailand provided he is allowed to spend the remainder of his life with his family, regardless of the results of an upcoming general election."

In other words he wants to ignore/decide how the legal system works in Thailand with special rules just as he dictates. Not on, under any circumstances.

"... regardless of the results of an upcoming general election." Not on, I don't believe he is not involved in Thai politics and if he  was here it would be so much easier for him to manipulate whatever he wanted for his benefits. And that could easily bring back a vote to cancel his conviction etc. 

Not to be trusted anytime/anywhere.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, glegolo18 said:

You learn all this sentences in the PC-school I guess... I was here and saw the "so close civilwar" it was 2014 before the military intervene and stopped all that <deleted> between the yellow and the red....

Thailand have had a serious social development since 2014 if you compare, if you CAN compare?? The people have not at all been suffering that is pure <deleted> talk... 

I withhold keep Thaksin outside Thailand, and do NOT let this <deleted> in here... It will be spilled blood... If you cant see that...#"#¤%¤#¤

And you still haven’t realised that the military were behind the unrest in 2014 and the previous 16 coups?

Maybe when the next civilian government is elected and the military provoke the same unrest again to oust them, and they will, it may ring a bell.

Then again, maybe not!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, mikebell said:

He can afford to build a special jail for him as the lone prisoner with luxury quarters attached for his grandchildren.  Would Yingluck be allowed to visit him?

Thats been done before,If I remember correctly, I think it was columbian drug baron Pablo Escobar who agreed to surrender himself on the condition he was incarcerated in a private prison which he had constructed and was staffed by his own people.  He went on to construct a cocaine processing laboratory in the prison and it was business as usual

• Haha 2

On 3/25/2023 at 7:05 AM, webfact said:

Former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said Friday he is ready to return and serve his prison term in Thailand provided he is allowed to spend the remainder of his life with his family,

so just put them all in jail together, for a long time

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, LALes said:

They love him in Isaan because he at least recognized their existence. 

They love him because he personally went up there and handed out money, 300b per vote was the reported amount.  Not much, but it's more than anyone else had handed out.  And then came the Bkk protests, which gave some of the people the most money they ever had in their pockets.  And a free trip to the Big City. 

Money.  Money changes everything.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

They love him because he personally went up there and handed out money, 300b per vote was the reported amount.  Not much, but it's more than anyone else had handed out.  And then came the Bkk protests, which gave some of the people the most money they ever had in their pockets.  And a free trip to the Big City. 

Money.  Money changes everything.

Right, "reported amount".  Got a better source than that?

More important, did you go to Isaan or the North before Thaksin was elected?  It was third world.  After just a few years of a Prime Minister that didn't neglect the majority of the Thai people roads and clinics were built, kids started staying in school, barely literate parents saw their children graduate public school and go to university, etc.

It turns out paying attention to the Thais outside of Bangkok was a real vote winner.  The Bangkok elite hated it.

• Like 1

0% likely .that he returns.

He has  combined 7-8 years jail time waiting for him, according to other news sources. 

Just a PR trick to help his daughter in the upcoming election.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Tony, as he likes to be known internationally, is never coming back. His ego couldn't stand one night in jail and his head couldn't survive the high velocity bullet that might always be waiting for him. 

In my view he did two noteworthy things: he made national policies part of every political party's manifesto and secondly, he introduced the 30 baht health scheme. Actually the Democrats thought of that first but unlike Tony, they were, and still are, hopeless at marketing.

I agree he's simply raising his profile prior election to boost Pheua Thai, but calling Zelensky a clown was idiotic.

Perhaps he believes all publicity is good. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Come back or not come back won't change the Political Climate much in Thailand.    EVERYTHING here is about money and who can plunder the majority of it.    The Country needs a Zi like figure to appear who would clear out the Gargantuan Corruption from every Government Department including Police and Military and Execute all the 'leading lights' of said Departments, even Women, as many in high positions are just as greedy as the Men.    Sheer Fear of Death is the only thing that will stop the plunder and actually make people think twice about having sticky fingers.   If all the plundered money were used in the proper way it would relieve many millions from Poverty in Thailand and the Country might actually start moving forward instead of constantly marking time for the benefit of the relatively few in number !

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Come back or not come back won't change the Political Climate much in Thailand.    EVERYTHING here is about money and who can plunder the majority of it.    The Country needs a Zi like figure to appear who would clear out the Gargantuan Corruption from every Government Department including Police and Military and Execute all the 'leading lights' of said Departments, even Women, as many in high positions are just as greedy as the Men.    Sheer Fear of Death is the only thing that will stop the plunder and actually make people think twice about having sticky fingers.   If all the plundered money were used in the proper way it would relieve many millions from Poverty in Thailand and the Country might actually start moving forward instead of constantly marking time for the benefit of the relatively few in number !

The last thing anybody anywhere needs is a "Zi like figure to appear"   If you are such a fan of his then you should go and live in China , and see how you like it there

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1