Ultimate Hip-Hop Festival “Rolling Loud Thailand” will Take Pattaya By Storm from April 13th to 15th

webfact

5 hours ago, proton said:

Many concerts we go to are free, but big morlam bands have upped the price to 180 baht!, top singers it's normally 140. Occasionally it's a beer garden inside with only Leo or Chang on sale. Not going tonight, if anyone is interested Boy Shivichai and Anne Oradee morlam is on at Prapradeang Bkk, old Veteethai site, very popular.

Enjoy your temple fairs and that screeching noise. Wow, you are soo Thai, well done.

Give me some decent hip hop any day of the week. And 13k for a three day pass with 60+ artists is not bad at all, but think of all the money you are saving with your rural noise.

If there was a morlam thread I would not even bother to click on it let alone open it up and post in there to tell people how much I don't like morlam (several times). So what brings you to post here constantly? I don't understand the motivation, I really don't.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Enjoy your temple fairs and that screeching noise. Wow, you are soo Thai, well done.

Give me some decent hip hop any day of the week. And 13k for a three day pass with 60+ artists is not bad at all, but think of all the money you are saving with your rural noise.

If there was a morlam thread I would not even bother to click on it let alone open it up and post in there to tell people how much I don't like morlam (several times). So what brings you to post here constantly? I don't understand the motivation, I really don't.

Another one who came here and 'fell in love with the culture' lol. 13k is for chumps, up to you.

On 3/27/2023 at 2:20 AM, likerdup1 said:

Another reason to avoid Pattaya these days. Way too overbuilt, overcrowded and noisy. I want a quiet retirement!!

Move to Hua Hin buddy,much calmer

11 minutes ago, proton said:

Another one who came here and 'fell in love with the culture' lol. 13k is for chumps, up to you.

Yep, up to me. 13k is indeed chump change.

But again, you didn't answer why the need to open threads about a subject you hate then post repeatedly saying how much you hate it? Seriously what is the motivation? I don't get it.

If I see a subject I am not interested in (at least 90% of the threads on Asean Now) I don't click on them, simple. Or do you just have a lot of time on your hands and not much else going on so this gives you some kind of purpose to your day?

• Like 1

I take it these guys will not be appearing, mores the pity, love their material. This is the sort of protest music Phua Cheewit was meant to be but soon faded, Carabao is of course an admirer of the present PM! The history of protest music (and it's suppression) in Thai politics is very interesting. Glad to see these guys are not giving up.

Let's be honest about how many guys aged 60+ really "like" hip hop or rap, regardless the amount of money for a ticket. I'd bet some music like Linkin Park, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins and such would generate more enthusiasm.

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'd bet some music like Linkin Park, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins and such would generate more enthusiasm.

Er no to that as well, think I heard of Metallica not the others. Cant think of one western act I would want to go and see, well a few, but they are long dead.

7 hours ago, proton said:

Er no to that as well, think I heard of Metallica not the others. Cant think of one western act I would want to go and see, well a few, but they are long dead.

I agree.....

If bands like Barry Manilow, The Carpenters,Abba, Neil Diamond were at Rolling Loud it would be well worth 13,000 baht......

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, proton said:

dude, your "gone bamboo" shtick is wearing a bit thin. time to change the record, no pun intended.

Edited by Lemsta69

12 hours ago, Boyn said:

Move to Hua Hin buddy,much calmer

Haha, coincidentally complaining to the Mrs about Pattaya and traffic at dinner last night, she was suggesting moving out (to her village no doubt....bahn khee kwai). My suggestion of Hua Hin did not go down well and she suggested the Bangkok hoards are going there too!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

dude, your "gone bamboo" shtick is wearing a bit thin. time to change the record, no pun intended.

I am not a 'dude' and if 'gone bamboo' is some sort of racial insult, it's not worked