Tourists freaked in Soi Cowboy area as Thai bar owner waves shotgun - he's fled

webfact

Had some great late nights in that bar. Often until dawn. On a sub soi down Sukhumvit 22. Always friendly and never any drama. Can't say I know the owner, but the staff and fellow drinkers always pleasant and fun. No mention of when this event occured, however we were there at 3am on Saturday just gone. Never a good idea to <deleted> anyone off.

Edited by soi3eddie

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

I wonder why he threatened the customer. will we ever know? Will there be another standoff shootout when/if they do find him? :partytime2:

Probably felt that the tourist was looking down on him or making him lose face by existing. ????

Do they even need a reason at the moment?  Probably a lot of resentment over reliance on tourism and negative press on foreigners right now.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Soi 22 is in the middle of Soi Cowboy which lies between Asoke and Soi 23, Soi 23 being the soi that is at the very end of Soi Cowboy.  Many Foreigners live in the condos on Soi 23.

yeah, no.

time to remind yourself how even and odd street numbering works in thailand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Soi 22 is in the middle of Soi Cowboy which lies between Asoke and Soi 23, Soi 23 being the soi that is at the very end of Soi Cowboy.  Many Foreigners live in the condos on Soi 23.

Sukhumvit soi 22 is hundreds of meters from Soi Cowboy on the even side of Sukhumvit, you have no clue.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Sukhumvit soi 22 is hundreds of meters from Soi Cowboy on the even side of Sukhumvit, you have no clue.

Another one who does not read the forum entirely before realizing that I have corrected my post....as usual is your trait.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Another one who does not read the forum entirely before realizing that I have corrected my post....as usual is your trait.

Of course i don't read the whole thread first because then I should jump to all the different pages while looking for the comments i want to answer to. Do you read up to 100 pages before you start answering? Don't thinks so. What would be the cut off amount to not read everything first. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1