Tourists freaked in Soi Cowboy area as Thai bar owner waves shotgun - he's fled

webfact

1 hour ago, n00dle said:
2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Someone tells me that the Beer Garden Soi 7 meets the wrecking ball in July. 

i pass by it regularly and years ago we would stop in for a laugh. It is truly a dismal place -- i cant imagine eating anything on the premises. 

The seafood buffet is not so fresh

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Now I wonder who wised him up, and knew of the upcoming raid. :unsure:

"A search warrant was obtained and his bedroom above the bar - itself decorated in shooting and gun related pictures - was opened up by another lady."

I can't see anything in the post about any ladies?

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Nonsense.  Soi 22 is on the other side of Sukhumvit road and is a good 15 minute walk from soi Cowboy. I should know, I used to live there.

I am not a frequent visitor to Bangkok, but when I first came to Thailand about 20 years ago, a pal of mine took me round "the sights" and Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy were high on the agenda!

Even on my first visit, I learned that Soi 4 (Nana Plaza) and even numbered Sois are on one side of Sukhumvit, and Soi 23 (Soi Cowboy) are on the other side.

Also I was under the impression that Soi Cowboy is merely a name for a group of (in)famous bars, and is situated ON Soi 23, and from memory, had a sign on an arch at the opening that stated quite clearly - "Soi Cowboy".

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Soi 22 is in the middle of Soi Cowboy which lies between Asoke and Soi 23, Soi 23 being the soi that is at the very end of Soi Cowboy.  Many Foreigners live in the condos on Soi 23.

Soi 22 is on the other side of Sukhumwit, and some distance south. I wouldn't call it "in the area of Soi Cowboy," but that does give a general idea.

3 hours ago, Cricky said:
4 hours ago, itsari said:
5 hours ago, Cricky said:

He probably deserved it.

Not sure who deserves a shotgun pointed at them . But I am sure you know

Lots of lowlife foreigners in Thailand these days.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1290341-naughty-foreigners-record-180-criminal-charges-this-year-in-phuket/#comment-17979489

More quality tourists.

Lowlife, scumbags

Edited by Cricky

7 hours ago, VinnieK said:

Nothing serious...a few wais should be ok.

I think Mr Rak is in for more serious trouble, when and if they find him. Other Thai media reported that people found that none of the firearms were registered and therefore possession of the ammo is also illegal. This is quite serious even if threatening a tourist may not be.

Apparently they also found a swordstick which is also an illegal weapon. 

It was said that the door to his room was opened bay ANOTHER lady. That sound good as men who needs respect, must have a gun to back it up & therefore they are not men! But I do not like to downgrade wommen to the level of this peace of junk!

7 hours ago, Stocky said:

No, if even number the soi is south side, odd number north side!

I always remember the soi numbers as odd numbers on the outbound side and even numbers on the inbound side.

Soi 22 is on the inbound side of Sukhumvit road just past what used to be Washington Square. Not far from Phrom Phong BTS station and past Queens Park and on the corner of the Holiday Inn, Bangkok.

• Like 1

Yeehaw!! Wild West stuff lol ????????????

Reminds me of my first rip to LOS in my early twenties back around 1974 I think it was and on a train to Chiang Mai for a look see, as us backpacking youngsters were apt to do. 

In the dining car was a policeman with the biggest nickel plated US military type 45 he was showing it to us young fellas and he was up to the eyeballs with cheap whisky, waving the thing about red eyed and red faced.

Bl@@dy shock for a beachside, Aussie boy from a nation that had very few guns except in the hands of police and farmers back then. He told us to sleep on the floor of our sleeper as people shot at the train sometimes. There were bullet holes in some of the windows in the dining car !!! Crikey mate ???? !!!

4 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Someone tells me that the Beer Garden Soi 7 meets the wrecking ball in July.

Yes. I heard that too from a friend who works there. It's become a shadow of its former self.

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Soi 22 is in the middle of Soi Cowboy which lies between Asoke and Soi 23, Soi 23 being the soi that is at the very end of Soi Cowboy.  Many Foreigners live in the condos on Soi 23.

I used to live on Soi 22. 

It's nowhere near Soi Cowboy. 

Can't anyone here see that it was a tenuous link to the location? F.F.S. "Soi Cowboy Area" does not mean it was in Soi Cowboy. In fact, as demonstrated, by other's maps above, it is 1.3 to 1.5 kms walk from Soi <deleted> Cowboy. Get it anyone? The bar (actually named a "cafe") is in a minor sub soi off of Soi 22. Opposite side of Sukhumvit and some distance away. Jeez, either you guys like bickering or are totally challenged. Get over it. The story is about someone waving a gun in a "tourist's face" in front of witnesses. No time or date given and the property was not named. I have spent many late nights at this place. Always a great time and no hint of drama (except when Rory fell off his bar stool, twice one night recently).

My opinion, and it is only an opinion, is, that the "tourist" in the story must have been behaving extremely badly to upset the gun owner (who I don't know). I feel bad for the staff at the place because they are now tarnished through no fault of their own - it was never packed but often a decent late night drinking hole. Thinking need to try to find somewhere else now. Not because of fear of said gun owner but likely sanctions from authorities. 

Edited by soi3eddie

12 hours ago, transam said:

I think anyone with a gun phobia and collection will one day want to brandish one to show off, especially if the temptation gets a grip after a few sherbets........:cowboy:

A person with gun phobia would not want to be anywhere near a gun

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nickmondo said:

no gun licence?  wow....i would be amazed if the bloke had a driving licence.  And its us farangs that damage the image of Thailand.........yeh.......ok

Wow, a story about a Thai waving a gun and someone turns it in to a farangs are victimised post. Get over yourself.

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Absolutely correct, my mistake as I was thinking it was the small little side street in Soi Cowboy which goes no where, Soi 22 is what I know as Soi Sai Nam Thip

Mistake #2...   there aren't any 'small side streets' running off Soi Cowboy!

16 hours ago, transam said:

I think anyone with a gun phobia and collection will one day want to brandish one to show off, especially if the temptation gets a grip after a few sherbets........:cowboy:

..when your own little pea-shooter is a sub 3" of course you're gonna have big guns to wave around

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Any electrical outlets for your Chinese EV scooter?

20 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not so. First time to Thailand 31 years ago this month, stayed on Soi 22. It's on the pposite side of Sukhumvit and a good 10 min walk to Soi Cowboy. Lived on Soi 19 for 15 years to be closer to Cowboy...and Nana????