Tourists freaked in Soi Cowboy area as Thai bar owner waves shotgun - he's fled

webfact

10 minutes ago, Cricky said:

He probably deserved it.

I was suggest he likely pushed the boundaries a long way. I've spent quite a few hours in that bar in the last 2 years. It's a small bar and very chilled. Mostly expats and visitors who were recommended to go there.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, cheapcanuck said:

What's more important is what was the bars name? Anyone know the name of the bar in question?

Yes, been there. It's got an American name. That's all I'll say. Not difficult to figure out. The map location by @RAZZELL is fairly close.  

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Soi 22 is in the middle of Soi Cowboy which lies between Asoke and Soi 23, Soi 23 being the soi that is at the very end of Soi Cowboy.  Many Foreigners live in the condos on Soi 23.

You sound a bit 'geographically-challenged' there Ryan. Soi 22 is maybe 1km from Cowboy. That was my 'stomping ground' for 20 years. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

You sound a bit 'geographically-challenged' there Ryan. Soi 22 is maybe 1km from Cowboy. That was my 'stomping ground' for 20 years. 

and you have been wandering the streets lost since Washington square closed down.

This piece of brilliant satire came from the now defunct notthenation.com

https://thailand-construction.com/1398-washington-square-demolition-leaves-bangkoks-elderly-sexpats-lost-confused/

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Soi 22 is in the middle of Soi Cowboy which lies between Asoke and Soi 23, Soi 23 being the soi that is at the very end of Soi Cowboy.  Many Foreigners live in the condos on Soi 23.

Thank you just what I wanted to Know.  ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, n00dle said:

and you have been wandering the streets lost since Washington square closed down.

This piece of brilliant satire came from the now defunct notthenation.com

https://thailand-construction.com/1398-washington-square-demolition-leaves-bangkoks-elderly-sexpats-lost-confused/

Yes I remember reading that article with a friend when it was first published, had a larf???? There are rumours that these places will be knocked down a decade before they are, Nana Plaza being another. Someone tells me that the Beer Garden Soi 7 meets the wrecking ball in July. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

Again with the immigration police responding to criminal matters.

What is the deal there?

Optimistic: The immigration police have the training, experience and skills to best assist foreign people in Thailand.

Pessimistic: The immigration police are best suited to find out if there is anything dodgy about the foreigner so they can blame everything on him and prevent negative publicity for Thai tourism.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, itsari said:
1 hour ago, Cricky said:

He probably deserved it.

Not sure who deserves a shotgun pointed at them . But I am sure you know

Lots of lowlife foreigners in Thailand these days.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1290341-naughty-foreigners-record-180-criminal-charges-this-year-in-phuket/#comment-17979489

Edited by Cricky
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Yes I remember reading that article with a friend when it was first published, had a larf???? There are rumours that these places will be knocked down a decade before they are, Nana Plaza being another. Someone tells me that the Beer Garden Soi 7 meets the wrecking ball in July. 

i pass by it regularly and years ago we would stop in for a laugh. It is truly a dismal place -- i cant imagine eating anything on the premises. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Police soon discovered that the owner of the bar is a Thai man called Rak who has frequent posts on social media such as Facebook showing his love for guns.

He pictures himself with all kinds of weaponry.

But a background check revealed he had not a single gun license to his name.

What a plonker... more gun metal than grey matter.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, VinnieK said:

Nothing serious...a few wais should be ok.

Like:
Wai did he threaateen a customer.
Wai did he need a shotgun in the bar

Wai did he not have a gun license.

Wai did he brag about it in FB?

enough Wai's ?

• Like 1