Dutch Woman Arrested at Phuket Airport for Entering and Staying in Thailand Without Proper Documents

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Phuket – A Dutch woman was arrested at the Phuket International Airport for entering and staying in the Kingdom of Thailand without a proper permit or visa.

The Immigration Office at the Phuket International Airport told the Phuket Express that over the past weekend they arrested a woman whose full name was not given, 28, a Dutch national.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/03/27/dutch-woman-arrested-at-phuket-airport-for-entering-and-staying-in-thailand-without-proper-documents/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-03-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Confused 4

First question that comes in  mind is how did she enter Thailand with no visa??? help from from who and why so stupid to leave at an airport where everything is checked?? Something else is why are these people seen as crimininals??? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

I'm going to make the assumption that she made a mistake by entering without being processed and Immigration quite rightly detained her for further investigation. 

Curious, I think Thailand is over rated! Not worth going to this length to get in! Are Dutch not visa exempt?

Edited by 2baht
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ikke1959 said:

First question that comes in  mind is how did she enter Thailand with no visa??? help from from who and why so stupid to leave at an airport where everything is checked?? Something else is why are these people seen as crimininals??? 

Dutch passport holders don't need a visa to enter the Kingdom. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Clearly nothing was checked properly when she entered, unless of course she came over a land border illegally.

13 minutes ago, smedly said:

does it matter, seems she was leaving, why is this even news, pay 20k and let her leave, stupid nonsense 

Yes, why is this news.

It's not even a full story so there is a huge question why even after the story was written why they would put it up on aseannnow??

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

I'm going to make the assumption that she made a mistake by entering without being processed and Immigration quite rightly detained her for further investigation. 

Shouldn't take long to find the truth.

Quote from the link:

She was arrested at the Immigration Checkpoint in the International Departure Terminal at the Phuket International Airport

Seems she had already stayed in Phuket and was in the departure terminal ?

I wonder how she entered Phuket to start with, possibly via road from another province then was trying to fly home?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

Clearly nothing was checked properly when she entered, unless of course she came over a land border illegally.

I don't know abt other land crossings but at Sadao/Dannok, you can walk across either way, without any problems.

Way too much foot and vehicle traffic and no controls at the main gate.

4 hours ago, Cricky said:

Mmmm, seems a tidy sort.

Poor girl, off to those stinking cells.

I'm sure a few of the boys here would offer her to join them on a marriage visa.

You been on the sauce, again?????

• Haha 2

If it was something as simple as a missed stamp on arrival it would have easily been checked and proven at the airport and she would have departed on her flight.

The arrest shows there is more to the story than that.

The thread headline states she entered without proper documents.

Interesting travel outfit.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Dutch PP didn't belong to her.

Edited by Old Croc