Best drivings ranges - Bangkok City

TorBKK

Anyone know and have experience with the outdoor and indoor driving ranges in Bangkok City?

I have been looking at 42 Tee-Off between Ekkamai and PhraKhanong BTS, but I've read mixed reviews. Yes, I know I should go there myself and check, and not only trust reviews, but they have this topup card system so don't want to waste time and money if it's no good.

I don't mind practicing indoor, but I mind having plenty of people around me while doing so.

I live near Sukhmvit, so anywhere in walking distance to a BTS would be good.

Any recommendations from the group?

• 4 weeks later...

At 42 Tee-Off you can pay walk-in rate per tray (B200) so you can try it out without committing money to a card. The price per tray is otherwise B120. The minimum is 1,000 on the card, and it will expire after 2 months (IIRC). If you put 2,000 or 3,000 the unused amounts will expire after 3 and 4 months respectively.

I go there when in BKK, since I stay just across the road. It is quite OK, with a very small putting green but no sand bunker. Give it a try!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

At 42 Tee-Off you can pay walk-in rate per tray (B200) so you can try it out without committing money to a card. The price per tray is otherwise B120. The minimum is 1,000 on the card, and it will expire after 2 months (IIRC). If you put 2,000 or 3,000 the unused amounts will expire after 3 and 4 months respectively.

Holy <deleted> 200THB per tray, that's mental.  I guess they're charging that due to their location

I used to pay only 40THB per tray at RAMA 3 and Pines and they've been steadily increasing over the last 4 years to now 80THB which I already think is extortionate, but they're both always packed full with people and queues for ages, so I'm not surprised prices are going up.  The ol demand and supply I guess.

Rama 3 range is even adding a queue skip option if you pay extra and pre pay on their booking system via line.  I was thinking they were really milking their customers.

There's also Topgolf these days in Bangna, that's always good fun.  They've got a special promo of 350THB for 1 hour unlimited balls for single person per bay, or 550THB per bay if you have more people.  (Guess they're really struggling, cos their full price is also insane given their location).  

• Like 1