Twitter restricts Marjorie Taylor Greene after tweets about trans people and Nashville shooting

onthedarkside

America have lost the fokkin plot and most other "first world countries are following hot on their heels. Its a byproduct of having life too easy. Canada is almost worse, but they, at least, have avoided mass gun deaths,

People come on here ranting about the idiosyncrasies of Thai culture, but Thailand doesn't hold a candle  to this load of old cobblers.

And now, agenda benders on both sides of the political continuum are twisting this to fit their narrative. 

they are overlooking dead children and a lack of gun control to point fingers at irrelevant gender issues or worse, becoming incensed that this murderer is being misgendered in the press. 

WTF?

Way to miss the fokkin point

Edited by n00dle
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, n00dle said:

America have lost the fokkin plot and most other "first world countries are following hot on their heels. Its a by products of having life too easily. Canada is almost worse, but they, at least have avoided mas gun deaths,

People come on here ranting about the idiosyncrasies of Thai culture, but Thailand doesnt hold a candle  to this load of old cobblers.

Right on there.

I wouldn't care about US domestic policies if not for the sad fact that many of the more barking bandwagons are exported to other western countries where too many willingly jump aboard.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, n00dle said:

America have lost the fokkin plot and most other "first world countries are following hot on their heels. Its a byproduct of having life too easy. Canada is almost worse, but they, at least, have avoided mass gun deaths,

People come on here ranting about the idiosyncrasies of Thai culture, but Thailand doesn't hold a candle  to this load of old cobblers.

And now, agenda benders on both sides of the political continuum are twisting this to fit their narrative. 

they are overlooking dead children and a lack of gun control to point fingers at irrelevant gender issues or worse, becoming incensed that this murderer is being misgendered in the press. 

WTF?

Way to miss the fokkin point

You are missing the point, one side of the political continuum is incensed at a politician directing (once more) public opinion against LGBT people by spreading lies (there is no trans terrorism, the fact that the murderer was not even trans is a minor point).

You know, the same side of the political continuum which is advocating for banning guns whenever a mass murder happens, and is trying to pass anti-gun laws. When it fails to pass such laws, it is due to the other side opposing it, under the influence of the NRA swamp.

13 minutes ago, candide said:

You are missing the point, one side of the political continuum is incensed at a politician directing (once more) public opinion against LGBT people by spreading lies (there is no trans terrorism, the fact that the murderer was not even trans is a minor point).

You know, the same side of the political continuum which is advocating for banning guns whenever a mass murder happens, and is trying to pass anti-gun laws. When it fails to pass such laws, it is due to the other side opposing it, under the influence of the NRA swamp.

No, I am not missing the point. i think it is you making my oint for me by bending this to meet you narative,  which is why i state 

this is just one story, look around and you will find people moaning about tha fact that the killer was misgendered. You will also find people vilifying the "establishment" that drove an individual to commit this act.  You will also find articles that try to downplay the trans angle altogether. 

The fact of the matter is its all bull<deleted> and if it wants to avoid more dead children, the US needs to get its act together and control guns, not to focus on  divisive gender politics that have no place in any sane society, 

Edited by n00dle
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, n00dle said:

No, I am not missing the point. i think it is you making my oint for me by bending this to meet you narative,  which is why i state 

this is just one story, look around and you will find people moaning about tha fact that the killer was misgendered. You will also find people vilifying the "establishment" that drove an individual to commit this act.  You will also find articles that try to downplay the trans angle altogether. 

The fact of the matter is its all bull<deleted> and if it wants to avoid more dead children, the US needs to get its act together and control guns, not to focus on  divisive gender politics that have no place in any sane society, 

I agree with your conclusion and fully support gun control.

What I disagree about is that you seem to suggest that both sides are equally at fault. It's not the left-wing which pointed at the alleged trans factor and sent incendiary tweets. Had the right-wing not done it in the first place, nobody would have talked about it. Starting with this thread: there would be no thread. 

Moreover, directing the ire of public opinion towards any particular group (trans or others: jews, blacks, muslims, etc...) is usually not without consequences and may incite violence.

35 minutes ago, candide said:

What I disagree about is that you seem to suggest that both sides are equally at fault. It's not the left-wing which pointed at the alleged trans factor and sent incendiary tweets. Had the right-wing not done it in the first place, nobody would have talked about it. Starting with this thread: there would be no thread. 

Moreover, directing the ire of public opinion towards any particular group (trans or others: jews, blacks, muslims, etc...) is usually not without consequences and may incite violence.

Both sides are at fault. the very fact that you need to bring partisan politics into the killing of children only underlines the inherent problem which is a country so heavily divided by marginal issues that it is willing to overlook dead people to score a point.

how can you focus on politics in the face of the fact that there have been nearly 400 school shootings in the US since you broke your cherry with Columbine?  

You make remarks about "the right"  how is a "left"-leaning headline like this any better?

Nashville school shooter’s identity may make them an exceptionally rare perpetrator

According to all recorded data, the US epidemic of mass shootings are committed overwhelmingly by cis males

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/mar/28/nashville-school-shooter-identity-transgender

or these gems:

Nashville: Gender activists slam 'deadnaming' of Audrey Hale

https://talk.tv/news/8166/nashville-gender-advocates-accuse-media-of-deadnaming-school-shooter-audrey-hale

Media outlets backpedal after being accused of ‘misgendering’ school shooter

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/mar/28/media-outlets-backpedal-after-misgendering-accusat/

my point is that it  is idiocy to politicize this on the basis that the perpetrator is trans or otherwise,  It is wrong no matter what side of the fence you are on. It is indecent to detract from the very real human tragedy by focusing on asinine side issues.

The fact that people are divided about something we should all be agreed upon -- ie dead children are bad -- speaks volumes about how morally and politically crippled we have all become --yourself included for even daring to inject the terms left or right into this conversation

Edited by n00dle
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

Both sides are at fault. the very fact that you need to bring partisan politics into the killing of children only underlines the inherent problem which is a country so heavily divided by marginal issues that it is willing to overlook dead people to score a point.

how can you focus on politics in the face of the fact that there have been nearly 400 school shootings in the US since you broke your cherry with Columbine?  

You make remarks about "the right"  how is a "left"-leaning headline like this any better?

or these gems:

my point is that it  is idiocy to politicize this on the basis that the perpetrator is trans or otherwise,  It is wrong no matter what side of the fence you are on. It is indecent to detract from the very real human tragedy by focusing on asinine side issues.

The fact that people are divided about something we should all be agreed upon -- ie dead children are bad -- speaks volumes about how morally and politically crippled we have all become --yourself included for even daring to inject the terms left or right into this conversation

I did not inject anything, It's the reality, starting with this thread: MTG sent these tweets because she is (rather extreme) right-wing. 

So when someone (in this case a right-wing nutter) is ostracizing a particular group with a lame accusation, people who desagree should just shut up? Is that what you think?

When one side is pushing for anti-gun laws and the other side does the opposite (in particular in Tennessee where Republicans passed a law in 2021 allowing people to carry a handgun, openly or concealed without a permit), It's not about politics?

It would be better to have a bipartisan consensus for a tight gun control (and ban of some weapons). However, it's always the same side which opposes it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, n00dle said:

or these gems:

I gave that post a thumbs up.

• Haha 1