Chuwit continues his attacks against marijuana legalization - and health minister Anutin

webfact

11 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Thailand isn’t mature enough to have it legalized. It was done for business purposes and not the baseless medical claims. 

the question is what happens if they schedule it again? the industry is already a strong one and 100k Thais are involved. they can't possibly think they can clear it back out of the country.

one funny foresight was getting a million people to register online to grow it. the popo will be going address to address.

#

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Yes. And it was found to be legal. ie medicinal use. Not for recreational smoking (which is currently not legal).

My opinion, weed should not be used as the means to increase tourism in Thailand. You want quality tourists scrap the crazy time limits that prevent restaurants form selling wine and other alcohol to diners.   

2 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

THC is NOT suitable as a recreational intoxicant like alcohol and tobacco

Alcohol took me to the brink of ruin, my whole life for 40 years was dictated by the evil spirit.

Stopped drinking 4 years ago and THC was my saviour.

After playing both fields, I would much rather be high and dry than drunk and stupid.

As for tobacco, what a great drug to use to win the argument.

Totally safe and socially acceptable habit. :whistling:

Except for the cancer.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, George Bowman said:

I could be mistaken, but wasn’t this gentleman complaining in February about the health officials inspecting a cannabis shop in his hotel in Bangkok?

i could be mistaken,  but wasn't it soon after the legalization there were kids caught smoking and selling pot in schools.?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, steven100 said:

i could be mistaken,  but wasn't it soon after the legalization there were kids caught smoking and selling pot in schools.?

Not mistaken,  but only partially informed,  like most regarding this subject !  Kids have been selling pot in schools since time immemorial. It's just that it wasn't considered newsworthy before.  I'm wondering how you never saw it yourself, but then again I seriously doubt you had many friends

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Thai people believe in ghosts. A turtle coming into your home is good luck. Lottery numbers seen on trees etc, etc. Not a great reference IMO. One has to wonder who is doing the smoking.

lol I just watched that Charlatan "Mor Pla" conduct a kind of exorcism on the news on national TV, and I remember a few years ago some government office underwent a similar ritual on the orders of Prayut himself I think.

For god's sake its 2023  You couldn't make this stuff up, but I guarantee at least  95% of Thais actually believe it

• Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Yes. And it was found to be legal. ie medicinal use. Not for recreational smoking (which is currently not legal).

If you listen to what this clown is saying now, it doesn’t even have any legitimate medicinal uses.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He's got a personal political war going against Anutin. When he first started up it was not about weed, but corruption in low and high places. Frankly I'm weary of both of them now. And wasn't he in a previous life heavily involved in the " entertainment" industry? Go go go bars and such?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/29/2023 at 3:46 PM, h90 said:

I don't understand your point why it is not suitable as a recreational drug

Because 1) it's a medicine 2) it can't be enjoyed by most people unless it's used daily and a tolerance has been developed 3)in other words, if a person who doesn't use weed regularly has a few hits they will usually not enjoy it or handle it well. 

Alcohol and tobacco are good examples of recreational intoxicants - i.e. they have no medicinal value and can easily be used occasionally and in moderation, and enjoyed by people without them having to be alcoholics or chain smokers. 

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SomNaNa555 said:

Because 1) it's a medicine 2) it can't be enjoyed by most people unless it's used daily and a tolerance has been developed 3)in other words, if a person who doesn't use weed regularly has a few hits they will usually not enjoy it or handle it well. 

Given the above why would anyone in their right mind (i.e. not used  drugs before) even try the sh!t if they are not going to enjoy it the first time?  ????

As for it being a medicine that is one of the best jokes I have read in a long time!

49 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Given the above why would anyone in their right mind (i.e. not used  drugs before) even try the sh!t if they are not going to enjoy it the first time?  ????

As for it being a medicine that is one of the best jokes I have read in a long time!

like almost all other medicines, it is from a plant. What other medicines are also suitable as recreational intoxicants? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1