Chuwit continues his attacks against marijuana legalization - and health minister Anutin

webfact

2 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Recreational smoking is legal, there are no requirements to have a medicinal card and buy weed are there. Silly anyway, he speaks about 'it is not for curing mental health' while nobody ever claimed that was the objective. So on and so on and so on.

Not according to the public Health ministry and its leader.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/09/asia/thailand-cannabis-legal-minister-interview-intl-hnk/index.html

• Haha 1

Anutin looks like a right plonker. Go to Bangkok or Pattaya and half of the businesses now are cannabis shops. What is going to happen when it becomes illegal again? They'll all have to close and thousands of small business owners and employees will lose income and their jobs. How asinine can you get????????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Not according to the public Health ministry and its leader.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/09/asia/thailand-cannabis-legal-minister-interview-intl-hnk/index.html

From an article dated 9 June 2022.

The same date that cannabis was decriminalized, when nothing at all was clear.

Pathetic effort, must try harder.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I think you should all wake up. Marijuana is a very, very dangerous drug that will lead anyone who smokes it down the road to mental illness and harder drugs. That's all I've got to say except for I believe it's time for a beer and a bong.

Title 'Monty Python's Flying Circus 2.1 Dinsdale' (1970).jpg

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Oh dear god good try. I suggest a small toke for you, relax and read your bible. I would go for the old testament. Really good novel. Try an read the unabriged version. I might be wrong but burning babies alive springs to mind. Definitely not something someone who has had a chuff would think of doing. Also not sure what the elderly (???????) potheads have to do with it. The one's I have met have been very laid back nice people. Way to go in my opinion. It's the yaba here that's the problem. Not weed.

This post of yours doesn't sound "very laid back." 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SomNaNa555 said:

Weed is a plant based medicine. Like most medicine, THC and the other cannabinoids, it actually is derived from a plant, or discovered in plants and then synthesized. THC is NOT suitable as a recreational intoxicant like alcohol and tobacco, as 93% of cannabis consumed is consumed by DAILY and All Day/Everyday users. That is people who use cannabis to self medicate themselves for other medical issues. Khun Chuwit is absolutely correct that it needs regulations and should be handled like a medicine for Adults only. 

I don't understand your point why it is not suitable as a recreational drug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He wondered if his Bhumjaithai party would get into power on the back of it or be sent packing.

The number of people who have invested in some kind of marijuana business will no doubt vote for his party.

But that in no way will be enough to get him into the top slot.

Even the two P's are now finding that it's going to be an up hill battle against Pheu Thai

• Like 2

I am sure that this stuff provides solace to some who have failing health, however the certain truth is that it is quickly becoming abused.  Up in Buriram almost every dwelling has a few plants growing outside.  The kids arrive at school stoned (to quote a teacher friend of my wife).  I mean, hardly surprising is it, given the meaningless of life for so many in this Land.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2