Amsterdam asks ‘wild’ young male British tourists to ‘stay away’

webfact

image.jpeg

A still from Amsterdam's "Stay Away" video campaign discouraging tourists from visiting for a "messy night." From amsterdam.nl

Amarachi Orie, CNN

CNN — Amsterdam is asking young British men to “stay away” if they plan to visit the city to cut loose and “go wild”.

The Netherlands’ capital’s new online campaign to tackle nuisance tourism launched this week and targets visitors between the ages of 18 and 35, the city’s local authority announced in a news release on Tuesday.

If British tourists search online for terms such as “stag party Amsterdam,” “cheap hotel Amsterdam” or “pub crawl Amsterdam,” a video advertisement will appear, warning them of the consequences of drinking too much, taking drugs or causing trouble through antisocial behavior.

Full story: https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/young-male-british-tourists-amsterdam-intl-scli/index.html

image.jpeg

-- © Copyright CNN 2023-03-30

Just make public urination a thousand euro fine.  For the brits, public weeing is what they live for.

For Americans, Don't Tread On Me is the big freedom statement.

For the English, it's Whip It Out.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Just make public urination a thousand euro fine.  For the brits, public weeing is what they live for.

well if you drink 20 pints of lager it's gonna to come out sooner or later ????

• Haha 1

American tourists are hated for bad dressing and loud talking.

The English tourist is only happy in a river of vomit and urine.

Thank god the Chinese buffet hogs have arrived on the scene to take the heat off of them.

And who are the main complainers about American bad dressing and loud talking?

That would be the English.

• Sad 1

As a dedicated pot head, I've been to Amsterdam 22 times. My wife said: "You must really love Anne Frank".

And I'm half English and lived in Suffolk for 8 years.

As I would always tell them down at the pub when they asked me what I thought about England:

"I never saw white people act so bad".

And:

I've seen Brits urinating NEXT to those urinals.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

In 1986, I went to Ibiza (Spain) for a holiday.
The place was full of british hooligans whose only passtime consisted in starting to drink in a pub as soon as it opened.
The sit on a barstool and drank beer until they fell down from their barstool.
The first who fell down, had to pay the drinks for the others that session.
Admitted, besides being loud and arrogant, they did not smashed furniture or other peoples belongings.
But still, it was a pittyful sight of the tourists.

I meet an older British couple there, and they were "disgusted" with the behavior of their fellow "young" citizens.

According to them, the UK was sponsoring their trip abroad to avoid this behavior being displayed in the UK and needing to pay for the costs of repair of things.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Hated in the Greek Islands, detested in Tenerife.

But now as a half-brit (and therefore only a 50% alcoholic), I must now my defend my chav brethren. 

Imagine if the scum of my native Staten Island, New York had access to dirt cheap airfares to classy places? Would it be any better?

Answer: Yeah, a bit, but not much. The democratization of travel is a good thing. Until it isn't.

Counterpoint: 'Was just at the last Koh Phagnan full moon party and it was at least 65% young brit. No problems, exemplary behavior. Maybe ecstasy on tap at Wetherspoon's is the solution to ASBO-plagued Ol' Blighty.

Final verdict: I'd rather be on vacation with the guy sleeping on the park bench then with Mr Sensitive posting above, huffily posting a picture of a urinal with his fatuous and zany "take THAT, rapscallion" throw down.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Love It 1

Bloody hell ???? Young Brits going abroad getting drunk being rowdy, this must be a new phenomenon. It’s these young white Brits ( I say white as it usually is) bring a ton of money into these holiday destinations and have for decades and welcomed for it. At least they go home after a few weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LaosLover said:

I was out walking yesterday around 3.30pm Thai man got of his motor bike and urinated at the side of the road, not the first time I have seen it either.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I was out walking yesterday around 3.30pm Thai man got of his motor bike and urinated at the side of the road, not the first time I have seen it either.

Better out than in.