NY grand jury votes to indict Donald Trump, sources tell CNN

Scott

A post has been reported and removed:

27. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Only post a link, the headline and three sentences from the article. Content in the public domain is limited to the same restrictions.

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

It's not that Trump supporters are angry at the current predicament.  It's that a good number of Trump supporters are certifiably batsht crazy.  So yes, having crazy people out there being encouraged by an even crazier demagogue (read Trump) can create a rather combustible situation.  

I think that nothing much will happen,maybe a few idiots waving guns but they will be dealt with swiftly.

If there is going to be a mass protest with people having guns on them that will be the end of the second amendment.

That is a whole new can of worms but it will be just another popcorn moment for most folks.

58 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Please provide a link to your claim that judge Juan Merchan campaigned for Trump's imprisonment.

Joe Tacopina, a criminal defence attorney retained by Mr Trump, told CNN on Sunday: “I have no issue with this judge whatsoever … He has a very good reputation.”

“Do I think the judge is biased? Of course not,” Mr Tacopina added while speaking to George Stephanopolous on ABC News.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/04/05/donald-trump-judge-juan-merchan-claims-fact-check/

Also your claim that the grand jury was 86% Biden voters.

edit: I see that the claim was made by Alan Dershowicz. He must be a mind reader.

I think he means Alvin Bragg .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Please provide a link to your claim that judge Juan Merchan campaigned for Trump's imprisonment.

Joe Tacopina, a criminal defence attorney retained by Mr Trump, told CNN on Sunday: “I have no issue with this judge whatsoever … He has a very good reputation.”

“Do I think the judge is biased? Of course not,” Mr Tacopina added while speaking to George Stephanopolous on ABC News.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/04/05/donald-trump-judge-juan-merchan-claims-fact-check/

Also your claim that the grand jury was 86% Biden voters.

edit: I see that the claim was made by Alan Dershowicz. He must be a mind reader.

The poster didnt claim that, . They said:

“Trump faces: prosecution by a politician who campaigned for

his imprisonment; a judge with familial ties to Biden/Harris;”

https://nypost.com/2023/03/23/da-bragg-boasted-during-campaign-about-suing-trump/

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

I think he means Alvin Bragg .

I think he’s on the trajectory of denial as Justice proceeds.

The trajectory of denial amongst Trump supporters that I predicted at the beginning of Trump’s investigations and that some took exception to.

And yet, here we are.  

The Defendant’  supporters will never accept the Defendant being held accountable under the law.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Will the Defendant be muzzled before his rhetoric continues to involve the possible violence he has now created by his press statement after the arraignment.  He just can not help himself, and his lawyers are not helping him by allowing him to continue to spew false facts.  Maybe they are trying to help bury him without him knowing they are helping him.

I am sure the judge has faced security issues, but not on the scale he is now.  I suspect precautions are in place.  In my work, I often had to appear in court, although they weren't usually criminal cases.  I was always amazed at how judges could stick to the actual charges, stop extraneous chatter into the proceedings, and keep it focused.   

Personally, I'd rather watch paint dry than be on a jury deciding if someone went through a series of machinations that amounted to fraud.   A good judge will keep it to that.  The jury will be judging the actions and if they amount to a crime.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Credo said:

Personally, I'd rather watch paint dry than be on a jury deciding if someone went through a series of machinations that amounted to fraud.   

I think -- should this ever get that far -- the problem for the defense and prosecution would be finding persons who DON'T want be on the jury.

Edited by jerrymahoney

36 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I think -- should this ever get that far -- the problem for the defense and prosecution would be finding persons who DON'T want be on the jury.

Judge has given a thinly veiled admonishment of Trump’s incitement that has the potential of messing and polluting the jury pool. He will be slapped with court contempt that can result in jail time if he continue to incite that will jeopardize court personnel and jury. He better not test this no nonsense judge. 

20 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

I don't know if there are a lot of people who would be interested in being threatened.  People usually get eliminated if they show a major interest in the case.   

• Like 1