NY grand jury votes to indict Donald Trump, sources tell CNN

Scott

28 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

A political problem? Your trying to say this is not a violation of using campaign finances and violating laws in order to bribe someone.  Really? On what planet do you live sir.

Ethics aside, which Trump has none to speak of, anyone else doing what he did would do time. Wait Cohen already did....and .....quite a few others.

it wasn't campaign finances - please live on the same planet sir

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Until the indictment charges are opened next week no one knows what the charges are.  This flim flam real estate, reality TV guy has made it 76 years without ever being indicted.

He will finally have to face an actual jury of his peers for the FIRST time.

No one knows how this will end, but likely because of his narcissistic and limited knowledge of anything legal or constitutional, he will go down screeming and yelling as he will have no way to lie his way out of this one..

And then there is the Georgia case, the stolen documents case, the inciting of the riot on January 6.  

45 will be spending a lot of time in court over the next couple of years

In court or under house arrest instead of on the campaign trail trying to instigate another Jefferson Davis style of secession.....

https://www.rawstory.com/can-rebellion-be-too-big-to-fail-reflections-on-jefferson-davis-and-trump/

At first glance, Trump seems completely unique. No one else has dared to overthrow an election and seize ruling power. No one except Jefferson Davis, who tried to use violence to overturn the election of Abraham Lincoln. Davis was not just the nineteenth century version of a crank on the internet. He had far more political experience than virtually anyone of his time. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

He will finally have to face an actual jury of his peers for the FIRST time.

His jury of his peers in New York City which went about 75% against him 2020 election.

Theses days his peer-group is more likely in western Kansas.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I suspect he’s surrounded by people who tell him what he wants to hear, not what he needs to hear.

Another reason he can relate to dictators like Putin so well.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

On 3/31/2023 at 7:15 PM, spidermike007 said:

So far, they seem to pertain only to the potentially weakest area, and that is the Stormy hush money. It is a huge strategic error in my opinion. Either that, or it is a deliberate way to get around having to convict the crime lord. 

Not an error IMO. Far as I'm concerned it's all just about stopping Trump standing for election. They've tried all the big things like being on Putin's payroll etc and failed dismally, so now they are going for anything that will eliminate him from contention.

IMO they must be terrified of even the possibility that Trump gets elected, and it's no wonder that so many millions of people in the US hate Washington.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

Oh dear.

Where is your proof?

Obviously I can't give you a link about something that hasn't happened yet, but IMO there will be unintended consequences if Trump should be convicted.

The security for just the appearance next week is apparently going to be massive, and that's not even the trial.

New York may yet come to regret starting this event when so many hate those that are against Trump.

I'm amazed that the media are even staking out positions yesterday and it's not happening till Tuesday. I guess they are counting on some strife occurring to make it worthwhile.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

New York may yet come to regret starting this event when so many hate those that are against Trump.

I used to live downtown. It's a lot of narrow streets. Riot-wise, far inferior to the open space around the Capitol. Plus the NYPD is a much superior police force than Washington DC. Barriers are in place, contingencies have been planned. 

On the other side, the last riot was to "save democracy". Trump getting a fine? Much less urgent. Not to mention his followers having seen what happens when you touch the very hot stove of federal charges.

Uptick for his fans. Their beloved Shamen has been released from jail early for being a model prisoner. He says he's very sorry for what he did and was duped.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:
8 hours ago, heybruce said:

However it would be difficult to find a jury of self-proclaimed billionaires with murky finances.

I though the USA was full of them!

In the context of jury selection, "peers" is mostly a matter of geography. Whatever crimes Mr. Trump is eventually charged with, they took place in New York City at the Trump offices; not in western Kansas where many counties voted 90% for Trump in 2020.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Does anyone take a man that wears horns seriously?

Did he actually do anything bad other than run around shouting? If he did it must have been off camera, as I didn't see it.

Google image provides some funny pics of furry hat wearing imitators.

Next up: "The Maga Shaman -now available for children's parties."

Man, look at the jobs available on a we hire felons website. Lots of warehouse work, a bit to ditch digging. I guess he can let his gym membership lapse now due to his new career horizons.

The definition of a chump. He agrees, as a self-described dupe.

• Haha 1