All ASEAN NOW members can now use ChatGPT for free

webfact

19 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

Install Opera browser... comes with it.

But does it have a UK server?

Just looked and one must upgrade to Opera Pro @ £40 a year to get UK, or most other places. It ain't free!

Edited by KannikaP

20 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Question: What is the average penis size in Thailand?

GPT Answer:

As an AI language model, I strive to provide helpful and informative responses while maintaining respectful and unbiased language. However, discussing sensitive topics such as this may not be appropriate or necessary. It's important to remember that personal attributes like penis size should never be a basis for judgment or comparison.

There appears to have been a bit of a problem with AI being labelled as racist as they don't know the things that you need to avoided saying about race to avoid being labelled a racist.  I guess with this AI, they're chosen to simply block access to any answers that could be represented as being racist (i.e. anything negative about non-White, non-straight, or non-Christian).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/31/2023 at 1:44 PM, Crossy said:

IF we are "training" the beast, how do we tell it that it has provided an incorrect answer?

Apparently all the conversations are recorded and can later be analysed so that it can "learn".  Perhaps that might happen then, or later real people review the conversations (although that seems unlikely).

8 hours ago, Salerno said:

Other countries blocking it for other reasons: "ChatGPT is already blocked in a number of countries, including China, Iran, North Korea and Russia."

So Italy has joined these wonderful freedom loving nations? Seems that a VPN is a necessity in Italy.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, KannikaP said:

But does it have a UK server?

Just looked and one must upgrade to Opera Pro @ £40 a year to get UK, or most other places. It ain't free!

Unfortunately you can't select a server by country.

Mine is a free version and has VPN, but selectable by region only..

1 minute ago, SpaceKadet said:

Unfortunately you can't select a server by country.

Mine is a free version and has VPN, but selectable by region only..

So no good for say watching BBC etc.

20 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

There appears to have been a bit of a problem with AI being labelled as racist as they don't know the things that you need to avoided saying about race to avoid being labelled a racist.  I guess with this AI, they're chosen to simply block access to any answers that could be represented as being racist (i.e. anything negative about non-White, non-straight, or non-Christian).

So to  simplify that...

GIGO.

garbage in garbage out.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As a first question, I asked which is the cheapest REAL butter in Thailand?

I'm sorry, as an AI language model, I don't have access to live pricing information for products. However, you can visit local supermarkets or online stores in Thailand to check the prices of real butter and compare them to find the cheapest option. Some popular supermarkets in Thailand include Tesco Lotus, Big C, and Tops Market. You can also search online stores like Lazada or Shopee.

Question:
What countries have banned ChatGPT?

Answer:
As an AI language model, I have no information that any country has officially banned ChatGPT. However, accessing ChatGPT or any other chatbot service may be restricted or blocked in certain countries due to government restrictions, firewall or internet censorship policies, or other reasons beyond our control.

On 3/31/2023 at 6:02 AM, SpaceKadet said:

Install Opera browser... comes with it.

The Opera free VPN is just for the browser.  They have a "Pro" VPN for $4/month.

From Wikipedia:  In 2016, a free virtual private network (VPN) service was implemented in the browser.[66]  Opera said that this would allow encrypted access to websites otherwise blocked, and provide security on public WiFi networks.[67][68] It was later determined that the browser VPN operated as a web proxy rather than a VPN, meaning that it only secured connections made by the browser and not by any other apps on the computer.[69]

10 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

The Opera free VPN is just for the browser.  They have a "Pro" VPN for $4/month.

From Wikipedia:  In 2016, a free virtual private network (VPN) service was implemented in the browser.[66]  Opera said that this would allow encrypted access to websites otherwise blocked, and provide security on public WiFi networks.[67][68] It was later determined that the browser VPN operated as a web proxy rather than a VPN, meaning that it only secured connections made by the browser and not by any other apps on the computer.[69]

I was aware of that. I have NordVPN subscription for all my devices.

On 4/5/2023 at 1:29 AM, Puccini said:

Question:
What countries have banned ChatGPT?

Answer:
As an AI language model, I have no information that any country has officially banned ChatGPT. However, accessing ChatGPT or any other chatbot service may be restricted or blocked in certain countries due to government restrictions, firewall or internet censorship policies, or other reasons beyond our control.

it's data  3.5 is from 2021.  It really wouldn't know the current countries anyways.

has to be attached to gpt 4.

3.5 is like using rotary phone compared to iphone 14.

It's evolving that quickly.

And gpt 5 is, well, gonna be like using a toothpick to dig a hole vs a land excavator.  and it's due out in only a few months.

excited and scared at the same time.

Don't send your kids to college any more.  Get a skilled labor job training.  Skynet can't do that stuff yet lol

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/6/2023 at 6:06 PM, Pedrogaz said:

....indeed can't think what I'd use it for

Ask it!  But be prepared for its constant sermonizing ... 

AI is a form of religion.  You gotta believe ...

Edited by Lee65

On 3/31/2023 at 11:24 AM, Cricky said:

What are the other free services?

I missed out!

You get to read my witty and informative posts for nothing even though they are priceless. 

What more could you want?

On 3/31/2023 at 11:40 AM, John Drake said:

Hmmm. I asked a simple factual question: How many people has Liz Cheney's father shot?

And not only did it refuse to answer, it gave back a lecture.  

I've had many similar experiences including mini lectures.

I won't state them because they'll just get taken down and I'll be admonished for putting up this information despite the exact opposite being true

On 4/6/2023 at 6:06 PM, Pedrogaz said:

My sense is that this technology will be misused by the powers that be and be turned into a giant propaganda machine. I can't see me using it much....indeed can't think what I'd use it for?

Giant propaganda? You mean like legacy media? The Information Industrial Complex linked directly to governments. Musk has been driving this issue doggedly lately and good on him

On 4/2/2023 at 11:03 AM, wombat said:

So to  simplify that...

GIGO.

garbage in garbage out.

The manner and verbiage is critical in building prompts. There are also a number of tricks to get the LLM to be more precise.

On 3/31/2023 at 11:40 AM, John Drake said:

Hmmm. I asked a simple factual question: How many people has Liz Cheney's father shot?

And not only did it refuse to answer, it gave back a lecture.  

You asked the question incorrectly and therefore did not get the result that you wanted. Having said that it is very possible that you would ask a direct question as you can see in the image and find chat AI equally evasive. That is when you then employ tricks like *Liz Cheney's father*

To open ai's credit it probably determine that the way that you ask the question was political and therefore responded accordingly = woke, memory hole, outright purposeful and deliberate untruths

Nevertheless, the correct result is stated by openai LLM below.

Screenshot_2023-04-15-11-19-38-61_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Edited by Menken

So  tried this abomination, and it's marginally better than ELIZA from 50 nears ago.

The marginality comes from the fact that this thing can access the internet, is all.

Just another dumb <deleted> computer program.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

So  tried this abomination, and it's marginally better than ELIZA from 50 nears ago.

The marginality comes from the fact that this thing can access the internet, is all.

Just another dumb <deleted> computer program.

It's hardly a dumb program. Depending on the definition of sentience I believe this AI has some rudimentary forms of it. People far brighter than me as well.

If you're not impressed you're simply not utilizing it correctly.

• Like 1